Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
rastus said:
He played very well

-- Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:15 pm --

lmjones1uk said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
4 tackles (the second most, behind Zab's frankly mental 10(!)) and 5 interceptions (the most on the pitch). In addition to that he played 3 key passes (joint highest, with Nasri). Pretty impressive.

Kinda pisses on the argument that Nidge was a better player, I loved him and wish him all the best but he could only defend and didn't offer much offensively - making him redundant for 75% of the PL teams who just parked the bus.

Fernandinhio offers same defensive ability with far greater offensive capabilities.
Not really piss on De Jong, we won the PL with him as sub

Correction<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:24 pm --<br /><br />
rastus said:
He played very well

-- Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:15 pm --

lmjones1uk said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
4 tackles (the second most, behind Zab's frankly mental 10(!)) and 5 interceptions (the most on the pitch). In addition to that he played 3 key passes (joint highest, with Nasri). Pretty impressive.

Kinda pisses on the argument that Nidge was a better player, I loved him and wish him all the best but he could only defend and didn't offer much offensively - making him redundant for 75% of the PL teams who just parked the bus.

Fernandinhio offers same defensive ability with far greater offensive capabilities.
Not really piss on De Jong, we won the PL with him as sub

Correction

He'll only get better. To me he seemed tentative early on in the season. Trying to find his role and not wanting to take Yaya's thunder so to speak. I'd like to see him unleash that cannon of his every now and again because he has been open for some 20yd shots, but he's passed up the option to play others in.

If he can just be Barry that can run he'll be well worth the money. The rest is icing on the cake.

He did well today and seems to be getting better

Think him and Yaya works well providing that he sits and Yaya goes forward - he seems to fall to bits anywhere near the box

Growing into the position would be my view

blightee said:
has been excellent so far, 7/10

How is "excellent" only a 7/10? LOL

andrewmswift said:
anyone care to slag him today?

thought not.

Never slagged him, never will. All I said is that he is nowhere near worth the money we paid for him. And I stand by that even if a lot of people in this thread seem to be getting their knickers in a twist about it.

As i've said before, the money we paid for him will be reflected in his performances and how he can allow toure to play like he can singlehandedly.
Never runs out of energy and can start of attacks well, will be a great signing considering the fees going about at the moment, he was cheaper than Carroll and a bit more costly than Fellaini, what you have to pay when you set your sights on the perfect addition.

He needs meat on them bare bones. Sausage and mash all day every day for 87 weeks, Other than that, he;s ok. No world beater or no makalele, Jury isn't out because he can obviously play a bit, but he's a Mikel at the minute,

avoidconfusion said:
blightee said:
has been excellent so far, 7/10

How is "excellent" only a 7/10? LOL

andrewmswift said:
anyone care to slag him today?

thought not.

Never slagged him, never will. All I said is that he is nowhere near worth the money we paid for him. And I stand by that even if a lot of people in this thread seem to be getting their knickers in a twist about it.

if we didn't get him, chelsea would have. do we really want our rival to have fernandinho ? ofcourse not. thats why we paid over the odds. we needed to make sure one of our rivals didnt get him. and we needed someone in that area of the pitch anyway given that garcia proved to be a flop.

I've had my doubts so far, but his best game for us by a country mile, only gave it away a couple of times all game, he seems to have got the pace of the PL, and 5 games in, that's pretty quick, if he continues like that we have De Jong's replacement, and its far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.