Fernandinho

wolfie1988 said:
He'll probably get dropped at weekend for Fernando while Yaya continues strutting about in midfield not laying a finger on anyone

Yaya out injured, so it'll be Fernando+Fernandinho probably. Hopefully it will help both of them.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
jimmy blue shoes said:
It's difficult for him, doing the work of two men!

Well done Dinho.

Totally agree with this, he does the work of two men!! Well done from me to.

In total agreement; he was our second best player, after Hart.

TrueBlue1705 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Excellent performance away in Europe again for the lad. Bayern away, Roma away and last night he was our best player in all of those games this season.
Love this lad and feel for him doing Yaya's work as well - he's a box to box player for me who's having to sit because of Yaya , I think given a run he would work great with Fernando on a regular basis who is natural holding midfielder

We saw that and it was the period we lost the title.

Dinho is good player and one we should keep but he's not someone who should have a prominent role ...at least not if we're serious about getting the title back.

I can tell right now Fernandinho will be big for us next season, i can see glimpses of it, where other players (can name a few!) have succumbed to the malaise, Fernandinho has put in a decent game every other time he plays, his class is there and he is trying to overcome the poor attitude going around.

i think next season he'll be right on it.

Our defense would get exposed twice as often without him in the side, always seems to be him galloping back and getting a toe in. Plus he's not even a natural CDM, we'd have a wall in midfield if we had two of him.

He is clearly one of our top players. I wish I could understand a bit better why he and Fernando seem to partner so poorly. I'm afraid we might see Milner starting alongside Fernando in midfield tomorrow with Ferna relegated to the bench. My only real complaint about Pellegrini this season has been his propensity to play Fernando over Fernandinho at times. That, to me, is utterly unbelievable.

abellwillring said:
He is clearly one of our top players. I wish I could understand a bit better why he and Fernando seem to partner so poorly. I'm afraid we might see Milner starting alongside Fernando in midfield tomorrow with Ferna relegated to the bench. My only real complaint about Pellegrini this season has been his propensity to play Fernando over Fernandinho at times. That, to me, is utterly unbelievable.
Milner was "doubtful" so I think we have them both tomorrow. Fernandhino, unlike last season, should play all 9 of the games remaining, so long as he is injury free obviously.

shemnel said:
I can tell right now Fernandinho will be big for us next season, i can see glimpses of it, where other players (can name a few!) have succumbed to the malaise, Fernandinho has put in a decent game every other time he plays, his class is there and he is trying to overcome the poor attitude going around.

i think next season he'll be right on it.

There's the COPA America , so no summer break yet again!!

Sorry guys he's just a poor man's Ryan Mason according to Hoodle:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3005902/GLENN-HODDLE-Fernandinho-not-better-player-Ryan-Mason-did-cost-35m.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-35m.html</a>

Premier League clubs not failing in Europe because of their Englishness
Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City had five English players in their starting XIs
Fernandinho is not better than Ryan Mason even though he cost £35m

The mouth-watering prospect of the Clasico at the Nou Camp does put the Premier League into perspective in a week of European failure. On Sunday night we have Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema against Luis Suarez, Neymar and Lionel Messi.

Meanwhile our own version of a clasico wil be taking place at Anfield — but no club in the Premier League has a forward line like those in Spain. Increasingly we’re a stepping stone to better things, having lost Bale and Suarez to Spain.

What is obvious, however, is that the failure in the Champions League was not a failure of English clubs. It was a failure of clubs with owners from Abu Dhabi, the USA and Russia. In those Champions League games there were five English players in the three starting XIs.

And the managers were from Chile, France and Portugal. The Premier League may be failing but it’s not its Englishness letting it down. So now that even a huge influx of global thinking and talent at both executive and playing level at football clubs has failed, perhaps we can rethink the premise that we need to keep bringing in players and directors from abroad.

Of course, there will always be room for the best imports. But you can’t tell me Fernandinho is a better player and better prospect than Ryan Mason. They do a similar job, the only difference being he is a £35million transfer and therefore deemed worthy of a place at a top-four club.

It’s time to ensure that some of the proposals from the FA commission, which I sat on, come into place, not least the tightening up of work permits on foreign imports so that only the best from outside the European Union can play here. We’re failing in Europe anyway so the Premier League need to ensure we’re not forever looking overseas for solutions.

You know what, call me crazy but I think Hoodle might not like us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.