Fernandinho

CityFan94 said:
Easily one of the best centre midfielders in the league.

I'm struggling to think of a player in world football who would be able to play in a one man centre midfield as good as he does.

Give him a good partner next season and he'll get even better.

Brilliant, under-rated player.

Easily, he's fantastic. Hopefully he gets the partner he deserves next season.

Don't know why, but when I see him I always think he looks remarkably trimmer than everyone else in the squad. After we won the league in 2012, everyone just seemed to bulk up that summer whereas Fernandinho looks much leaner; probably a consequence of scampering around covering for so many others.

brilliant player, by far the best midfielder we have. Must get a world class midfielder to partner him next season. Shame he is not couple of years younger.. 30 next month.

Seen an Arsenal fan saying he wouldn't swap Coquelin for Fernandinho.... LOL. Imagine Coqeulin trying to cover for Yaya?

Would like to see Kompany moved out of defence and played alongside him I think that would offer us more balance and could form a formidable midfield partnership.

A proper footballer who gives his all. Too many midfielders can only contribute defensively. You're not a footballer if you can only defend. Ferna has a bit of everything.

I think a problem with Man City is that they offer the majority of their 'older' players long term contracts on high wages, so they get too comfortable and not pulling the finger out. Fernandinho is a recent example.

Summed up nicely by a Secret Footballer here - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/24491/gus-poyet-and-manuel-pellegrini-united-in-the-grip-of-non-performing-players/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/arti ... g-players/</a>

adrianr said:
CityFan94 said:

I'm struggling to think of a player in world football who would be able to play in a one man centre midfield as good as he does.

Partners. Fernandinho in a 3 man central midfield would be even better than he is now.

moomba said:
adrianr said:
CityFan94 said:

Partners. Fernandinho in a 3 man central midfield would be even better than he is now.

Pogba, Ferna, Milner. As 3 in centre midfield.

De Bruyne, Silva out wide.

Aguero up top. Only me who thinks this will work?

A great player.

I admire him because he plays with pride and guts. Some of his colleagues would do well to emulate his attitude. If they had we wouldn't be in the pickle we are currently facing.

Also a strong candidate for player of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.