Fernando has turned it around

Standing to applaud him on many occasions today.....particularly first half. It was just great to see him winning the ball back so many times. City in the first half were unrecognisable from the team I have been watching for the last few months. I thought the players would be knackered from mid week....why did it take so long to play and press like this.

I wouldn't mind keeping him as a depth player, but i also wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him. Like Mangala, his lack of technical qualities makes him a partial liability under Guardiola.

I wouldn't mind keeping him as a depth player, but i also wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him. Like Mangala, his lack of technical qualities makes him a partial liability under Guardiola.

this is my take on the situation as well.

whilst both fernando and mangala have come on in recent months i am still yet to be convinced that guardiola is going to favour either of them.

Hopefully pep will turn both world class mango definitely has the potential.

in the right system mangala could be world class, but that system isn't an open expansive system like guardiola plays.

mangala for me looks a mourinho/ simeone type defender in that what is primarily required from the defenders is defensive responsibility and with that you get well protected from your midfield and fullbacks.

it's a bit like huth and morgan. in ranieri's system they look class, put them in guardiola's system and they will will become exposed.

mangala's game isn't being great with the ball and being intelligent with it like say pique or alaba or boateng are.

henry said a few weeks ago something on the lines of that if you can't lay as a defender you won't play under pep.

He has played better for a while, but again why has it taken so long for him to step his game up ? Is he now looking for a move ? Just approaching this from another angle because he has also been very poor as well along with a lot of others

He's been playing well for months. Before that he was getting used to be league and for most of last season he was playing through a groin injury which required surgery in the summer, and clearly robbed him of mobility.

Wow what performances has been from him. Three times in a week, massive cover for our back four.

When I saw the teamsheet I thought we would be overrun, but he was immense. Worked like a trojan. I said at one point in the second half that we had got de Jong back. If he can perform like that next season we will be in good shape.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.