Fernando has turned it around

Maybe it's just me, but Navas seems to be putting a shift in. It's just his ability dragging him down.

Having seen Navas on nearly every occasion at The Etihad and we fans bemoaning an end product of some consistency, and then seeing Sterling yesterday, I am just wondering whether they have been instructed to forgo any attempts to get behind the full back, onto the goal line and deliver the cross all defenders dread - the ball from the dead ball line! Just a thought.

Having seen Navas on nearly every occasion at The Etihad and we fans bemoaning an end product of some consistency, and then seeing Sterling yesterday, I am just wondering whether they have been instructed to forgo any attempts to get behind the full back, onto the goal line and deliver the cross all defenders dread - the ball from the dead ball line! Just a thought.
No i think the opposition know how to play them. Both have a stunning lack of variety to their game and their output is hugely reduced by simply adopting a deeper back line. Neither are a threat from outside the box, so if you sit deep against them, they can't reach their top level of speed without running out of pitch. Both would be theoretically good on the counter but neither really have a reliable cutting edge to their game, so promising moments will more often than not, turn to waste.

The very best thing you can say about both players is that they work hard. And that's shocking when you consider they've cost £65m between them.

ive enjoyed his performances of late but cringe a little at how many bog average ones he's put in in his time at City.

if he can maintain his current form under Pep he'll have a good squad role to play

he has improved because being honest he was a non entity.. Not a bad player and not a good one.. Hope he is replaced

He played really well yesterday...............for 25 minutes, then he required an oxygen tank. We must be one of the least fit teams in the league, do we actually train? As soon as the team decide that we are going to press hard from the start, it lasts no longer than 30 minutes and he and Fernandinho look like they're about to collapse at any minute.

Then we have their 2nd goal, look how slow Fernando was to react, he meanders over towards Sanchez, then by the time he realises we are in trouble its 2-2!

Those that are saying this waste of space has turned a corner and is an important cog in the machine might wanna consider where we are in the table, where we are looking at finishing the season and how shit weve been for the past 18 months. Players like Fernando, playing week in week out, is one of the main reasons one of the most expensively assembled squads in history is facing a season in the Europa League.

He, like all of them, looks unfit (not injured, they just do not have good cardiovascular fitness which i have aimed at the manager for two years).

The two Ferns in the home game against Madrid and the game yesterday started like two world class centre mids and ended like two old men (slight exaggeration, maybe, haha!).

He, like all of them, looks unfit (not injured, they just do not have good cardiovascular fitness which i have aimed at the manager for two years).

The two Ferns in the home game against Madrid and the game yesterday started like two world class centre mids and ended like two old men (slight exaggeration, maybe, haha!).
Proud of his performances over the last few months, I'm starting to think he may have half a chance under Pep. The two ferns can't be accused of not putting the effort in.

Completely agree about fitness though. I know it's hard but they were unable to sustain the effort much beyond the hour mark in both Real games and yesterday. I made the same point last week; more runners, less power lifters.

For me, he's been or best player since the turn of the year.

Really pleased for him but it's hard to tell whether he has truly been as good as I think or it's just because the majority of the squad look like they'd rather be pissing gallstones.

Either way, well done Fernando.

His form more or less mirrors Javi Garcia's, shit to start with then gradually improve. I wonder if we will sell Fernando like we did Garcia?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.