Fernando has turned it around

Shock.

Play a player in a formation that he was bought for and he plays well.

Honestly, we did the same with Javi Garcia. Shoe horned him into a team that didn't fit. I am not saying that we build a team around Fernando but we need to stop buying players that are comfortable and suit one formation and never bloody using it!

Exactly my thoughts. Always a good player but just needs to be played in the formation and position he is used to. He has one true position I feel and he is great at it. We just need to keep this formation and he will be excellent.

Simply superb today, the tactical change is benefitting him, hope he keeps it up. Him and Fernandinho in this formation are excellent at intercepting the ball and counter attacking.

Exactly my thoughts. Always a good player but just needs to be played in the formation and position he is used to. He has one true position I feel and he is great at it. We just need to keep this formation and he will be excellent.

Anything which translates to a 3 in midfield when we lose the ball, suits this squad imo. I recon 433 ish, would be better still.

Its all about putting the other Fern on the right. That tweak and whatever came with it has changed us defensively and Fernando a lot ! Great game

Yeah, he tried it with Delph on the left a few times and it didn't work, went to Fernandinho on the right and it's been sensational.

It brings out the best in everyone, and almost turns into a diamond with Fernando at the back, then Yaya and Fernandinho (because he does tuck in a lot) and silva at the top.

Everyone mentioned looks better in it.

I do think it makes us a bit open down the left because Fernandinho defends very narrowly and without Sagna playing out of his skin it might not work so well - hence (I think) why Pellegrini did the double substitution with Navas and Zaba on - you wouldn't want Zabaleta exposed so much.

Brilliant tactics, brilliant performances all round.

There is no reason to change this team till season's end. De Bruyne should only replace Silva, Sterling or Navas.

yep, that sub was interesting one. not many managers would bring in two players at same side in same moment.

Motm for me. Really suprised when he was taken off. Totally bossed the midfield.

Before the Kiev match in the tunnel Joe was pumping up Fernando. Once he is in his correct position he is immense, also his height is an asset.

He's been excellent in these last two games. Seems to be growing in confidence and playing with a bit more freedom and, dare I say, adventure now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.