Fernando has turned it around

His last two games had me thinking of Nige! He has been just what we wanted! Pellers seems to have got the set up sorted now he's effin off!

He's certainly had that controlled aggression that Nige had. He did eventually get the yellow after 4 or 5 fouls but they weren't stupid fouls - a lot of them were very smart fouls actually.

As with Javi Garcia, it goes to show when a player is given time, and played in his correct position he can thrive. Still not sure he'll survive the Pep cull, but some of the criticism has been well over the top. Really pleased that he's finally showing that he's not the buffoon some had him down for.

He's certainly had that controlled aggression that Nige had. He did eventually get the yellow after 4 or 5 fouls but they weren't stupid fouls - a lot of them were very smart fouls actually.
Very good post, and I think the yellow was the main reason to take him off.

I was critical of Manuel for not making an earlier sub today, but leaving it to 90 minutes was a good call, Liverpool had used all theirs at that point, a mistake from Klopp imho (I know one was enforced).

Has proved to be a very handy player for us this season. He isn't someone I'd want in my best team, but like navas he's a very useful player and a good guy who is happy to play a squad rotation role. I'd like to see him stick around. It'd be a shame if pep doesn't fancy him but u suppose we will see. Hopefully he will halve a good end to what has been a productive season for him

He was good today but I don't think he came anywhere near his performance against Kiev. He was simply outstanding that day, winning almost every tackle and intercepting any pass in his vicinity.
I'd love to see the same line up against them in 3 days(but Joe for Willy) but Fernando played against Chelsea, then Kiev, and now in the final. I thought he lacked the same energy levels today that he showed against Kiev, so fuck knows what he'll be like in 3 days time.

I agree his best game of the season was against Kiev, today he sat back and put challenges in that won the ball back I assume as you say this was because he was tired. In mid-week he was a man possessed pinching the ball up the pitch, but I rated him so highly today because he completely nullified Coutinho (got a lucky break with his goal) & Firmino, sitting in front of that back 4 not giving them any space (also helped that Yaya tracked back more than usual).

Has proved to be a very handy player for us this season. He isn't someone I'd want in my best team, but like navas he's a very useful player and a good guy who is happy to play a squad rotation role. I'd like to see him stick around. It'd be a shame if pep doesn't fancy him but u suppose we will see. Hopefully he will halve a good end to what has been a productive season for him

For me he's the type of player you have to pick to win a certain type of match, instead of just selecting the best 11 available names on the team sheet.

Seriously though. This isn't the night for bashing pellers, but isn't this finally the system that we all thought we'd be playing when we signed him? Makes a huge difference and we should stick with it to get the benefits of having bought Fernando to begin with.

More of the same on wed!

There was one moment today where he played a one-two and then marauded through the middle. Ok, we lost the ball and suffered a counter attack, but still... it was amazing to see!!

Lol, it just epitomised Fernando, breaks up play well, nice one two and loses it and is out of position. He's being doing better for sure but there's a glass ceiling with him and don't think Pep will keep him on but I'm glad he's giving it his all and will go out on a positive note if he is moved on.

There was never anything to turn around. He's only had a handful of bad games for us since signing and even then, he was playing through injury if the media are to be believed. He's always done his job well it's not his fault he has occasionally been misused and his role isn't always required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.