Fernando Torres and Gerrard

To behonest at 29 Gerrard would not be a worthwhile investment ( a huge bid would be needed for Liverpool to even consider selling him)

Torres is a slightly more realistic one but again Liverpool would do everything to hang onto him and I think he wuld want to stay or go back to Spain.

It would be fantastic but I just can't see it happening, even with our cash

The Fixer said:
Citycitytid said:
Gerrard will never ever leave Liverpool...move on

They got beat and so be it. This is a thread for dreamers if you truly think that.

So Gerrard will stay at pool who will not win the prem the only thing he has left to win and will not play in champs league next year the way things are going because he loves pool? sorry but i don't agree.

If it wasn't for death threats he'd be a chelsea player now.

True mate...i weren't being funny with you, however its my opinion.

Citycitytid said:
Steven Gerrard would never leave Liverpool and Torres would never join another prem league club. I can't even believe this has come into question.
I agree about Gerrard, but there's nothing to indicate that's the case with Torres. He is ideally suited to England, and has been much more prolific in the Premier League than he was in La Liga. So if things go completely tits up at Liverpool, why would he leave England? He's only been at the Dippers for 5 minutes so it's not as though he's got some deep-seated passion for the club.

Citycitytid said:
The Fixer said:
So Gerrard will stay at pool who will not win the prem the only thing he has left to win and will not play in champs league next year the way things are going because he loves pool? sorry but i don't agree.

If it wasn't for death threats he'd be a chelsea player now.

True mate...i weren't being funny with you, however its my opinion.

No probs mate

if gerrard does want to win the premier league he will have to leave liverpool because they dont have the investment.

however, the only club that can afford him in the premier league is city, chelsea cant buy anyone until 2011, united skint and he would never go there and arsenal dont splash the cash. gerrard will then be 31 in 2011 and i cant see abramovic splashing out loads of money on a 31 year old

however, i still cant see gerrard ever coming to city

The Fixer said:
Why is that? it's not like he was using pool to get extra cash they're not exactly loaded. I'm interested to know your theory john.

I would say 100% he was using them for extra cash and he got it as well in the end when Liverpool realised he was "serious" with his transfer request. He was never ever going to leave Liverpool.

Do you think a multi millionnaire footballer pays much attention to death threats. He could hire 10 bodyguards for a year with a couple of weeks wage.

Citycitytid said:
libertinejack said:
What about when Gerrard all but signed for Chelsea, only to stay at Liverpool due to family death threats etc..... and Torres would never join another Premiership club?! Why is this? Can no other Premiership club match the quality and wages that Liverpool can offer...? I don't think so somehow

Any need to be arsey about it? Everyones entitled to their own opinion i understand that but your dreaming if you think Gerrard would leave Liverpool for City...as much as i'd love that, it simply ain't going to happen.

I wasn't being arsey mate, I just dont see how you can justify your comment that Torres would never go to another premiership club? Gerrard, ok maybe now it is a bit late in his career to be removed from being Mr Liverpool - but he did come mighty close!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.