Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And because ofcourse, world-cup finalists always give exclusive interviews on the eve of the game, especially to 2bit british rags like the Star.
We all know the targets, I honestly believe that we will sign 2 of the 3 and I honestly believe that Ibra was nailed on a while back and it will be OUR choice who will join him.
I personally would prefer Dzeko but I think the club have chosen Torres for commercial reasons. But don't worry yourselves I am prety certain that neither the Daily Star or David Villa will influence this one way or t'other.

squirtyflower said:
tonea2003 said:
recent or not , i for one would like to see those quotes rammed down his throat
and i am a big villa fan, i am getting sick of being dismissed as the 'noisy neighbour' its time......
but the almost exact same quote was printed from some other player regarding yaya joining us days before he was unveiled

the quote could be nearly two years old when the papers were getting all and sundry to say they wouldn't dream of signing for city
even torres was quoted back then

-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 am --

Ntini77 said:
Well he talks about Fernando not scoring for a few games so you never know.

This isn't the first time he's had something to say about us either.
you can put current quotes from an open press conference together with old quotes

squirty but he did say them at some point, ok maybe it was a couple of years ago but he said them.

its the journos bitterness i suppose where i should be getting irked
winning trophies is the only way to shut these clowns up
lets hope big time we can do it soon

imo, going of what respected itk's have said, i think Mancini's number 1 trarget is ibra(as you can see from the stats ibra had his most prolific spell under mancini) with Dzeko as baack up. and ADUG's main target is torres(this makes more buisness sense as it would raise the profile of the club ten fold). so imo mancini isn't that concerned with the Torres deal as long as he gets one of his targets, i dont think we'll end up with both ibra and Dzeko, however if our owner gets his wish and mancini gets his wish than i can see us winding up with both ibra and torres. either dzeko and torres would be awsome for me but the thing that worries me about ibra is his age, he's 27 now and seeing how we like to hand out 5 year contracts that would take him to 32, imo by 30 ibra wont be fast enough to compete in the prem anymore so he could wind up on the bench with massive wages doing nothing, of course i could be way out and he'll still be fit as a fiddle at 32 and if so bring it on.. but i have my doubts....as far as Torres is concerned, i dont think it's that mancini dosn't want him(he's not that stupid) more that he realizes that because we didn't achieve top 4 it's going to be difficult to get the VERY top players this summer and perhaps wishes to waite another season by which time we will be a major force in Europe(touch wood)...however imo mancini underestimates the pulling power we have right now and my opinion there is a very real possibility we will land Fernando.......

...end of ramble

My instincts tell me that Torres is 50/50 to stay at Liverpool. The chief reason more likely to be the clubs need to raise cash rather than the players own desire to leave. I'd imagine that Roy Hodgson could convince the Spaniard to remain at Anfield if that was OK with both Gillett & Hicks and the bank.

If, for whatever reason, he did leave the club, I only think that he is 50/50 to remain in the Premier League. If he were to remain in England and wave goodbye to Liverpool, I rather suspect he will end up at Stamford Bridge. I have a feeling that they would be willing to offload Didier Drogba to reduce their outgoings.

If Torres is sold, then we are possibly going to be in competition with L'pool to sign the kind of strikers that we have been linked with in the last 3 months. Interestingly, I remember Roy Hodgson appearing as a panellist/analyst on the Serie A coverage on Eurosport/Channel 5 during 2006-2008 and distinctly recall him stating several times how impressed he was by Ibrahimovic when he was playing both for Juve and Inter.

tonea2003 said:
that's exactly who you should be irked with, the journalists who ask the negative questions and then put random pieces together to come up with negative pieces about us
they are sick

I'm just not having it that David Villa has just said those words as reported. Irrespective of whether Torres turns us down or not, I don't believe they're reporting what Villa has said accurately.

I can believe he may have said " ..never join City just for the money.." & they've purposely edited 4 words out, but why would Villa want to disrespect us & Silva like that just before a World Cup final?

Not having it.

tonea2003 said:
squirtyflower said:
but the almost exact same quote was printed from some other player regarding yaya joining us days before he was unveiled

the quote could be nearly two years old when the papers were getting all and sundry to say they wouldn't dream of signing for city
even torres was quoted back then

-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:01 am --

you can put current quotes from an open press conference together with old quotes

squirty but he did say them at some point, ok maybe it was a couple of years ago but he said them.

If and when we win a trophy you can bet the total cost of money spent to win said trophy will be well and truly rammed down our throats..

Does anybody actually believe that the star has an exclusive with one of the best strikers in the world on the eve of the world cup final,absolute bollocks.
We may or may not get torres but i am sure the star wont be the ones first with any information.
Also pretty sure he wont have turned to his mate silva and said you are a money grabbing cnut.

blue12 said:
Does anybody actually believe that the star has an exclusive with one of the best strikers in the world on the eve of the world cup final,absolute bollocks.
We may or may not get torres but i am sure the star wont be the ones first with any information.
Also pretty sure he wont have turned to his mate silva and said you are a money grabbing cnut.

tbh the star newspaper probably struggles to get exclusive interviews with Jordan..

Not Eddie btw..

I'm sure KBN will shed some light on this one....
My own feelings are that it's bollocks, yesterday a ssn teporter was out in SA near the spanish camp, he saw Alvaro Arbeloa he tried to communicate with him and Arbeloa said "i can't... we're not allowed to talk to you the media, we will get into trouble"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.