Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fbloke said:
J.A.M said:
Is the well respected poster TH was walking about not that guy called Billy something?
Billy davis or something like that.
If not, sorry fbloke my bad....

I doubt TH meant me so no stress here ;-)

You are a will respected to me fbloke (the pie king)

Monkfish said:
I can understand a City supporter saying 'bullet dodged' with regards to Balotelli, but Torres? I bet if I sneak back at their previous posts I'd find them saying the same thing about Drogba 12 months ago.
A poison pill maybe?

Torres would demand a huge fee, and create huge expectation, but physically is he able to deliver? You can not tell me for sure that he's the same player that Liverpool signed. In all probability he just needs rest and recuperation time, but the element of doubt is there - so I'd stick with Adebayor and Tevez who guarantee goals. We replace one of them with Torres, we could create problems for ourselves.

I should have put a ? after bullet dodged, but you do you agree with the point I am making? Given their current physical and mental condition Tevez and Adebayor will score bucketloads of goals, Torres needs to recover. And we don't even know what his problem is

Marvin said:
Monkfish said:
I can understand a City supporter saying 'bullet dodged' with regards to Balotelli, but Torres? I bet if I sneak back at their previous posts I'd find them saying the same thing about Drogba 12 months ago.
A poison pill maybe?

Torres would demand a huge fee, and create huge expectation, but physically is he able to deliver? You can not tell me for sure that he's the same player that Liverpool signed. In all probability he just needs rest and recuperation time, but the element of doubt is there - so I'd stick with Adebayor and Tevez who guarantee goals. We replace one of them with Torres, we could create problems for ourselves.

I should have put a ? after bullet dodged, but you do you agree with the point I am making? Given their current physical and mental condition Tevez and Adebayor will score bucketloads of goals, Torres needs to recover. And we don't even know what his problem is
I'd agre with that.

No denying his class though

Marvin said:
Monkfish said:
A poison pill maybe?

Surely Tevez and Ade would stay and RSC, Caicedo, Jo would leave? Torres can recuperate at city and be brought back slowly whilst Tevez, Ade and Balo keep the hot seat warm?

Jonnos left peg said:
only another 5/6 weeks of speculation left..how time flies
This one may die a death though when Torres returns to training and pulls on the Liverpool shirt

If he stays at Livepool beyond August then I suspect he will stay for some time because he either flops in which case all interest will wane, or he recovers in which case Liverpool will probably be back in the top 4

Marvin said:
Jonnos left peg said:
only another 5/6 weeks of speculation left..how time flies
This one may die a death though when Torres returns to training and pulls on the Liverpool shirt

If he stays at Livepool beyond August then I suspect he will stay for some time because he either flops in which case all interest will wane, or he recovers in which case Liverpool will probably be back in the top 4

Or he has frequent spells out injured, does pretty well at the times when he's back in the team, keeps getting injured again from being rushed back, still manages around 20 goals but Liverpool finish about 6th or 7th and the whole cycle begins again next summer.....

Why do we expect Liverpool to receive £50 million plus for Torres?

David Villa, the worlds best striker, just moved to Barcelona for only £35 million....and he has NO WHERE near the amount of injury issues that Torres has.

Obviously we (or atleast the good Sheik) are richer than Barcelona, but Barcelona are in the top 5 clubs in world football for spending power and over spent stupidly on a player last season (Ibra) - so both them and ourselves have a similar track record of recent over spending.

Valencia are in as much financial shit as Liverpool, so both have the same bargaining stance. I just don't get it. Apart from a slight possible premiership premium has anyone got a serious answer as to why people think he will cost atleast £15 million more than Villa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.