Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be here in Jan when the Dippers are not un the top four and their new owners have been exposed as small time.

Suso said:
john@staustell said:
It's all bollox mate. aimed at keeping Torres at the club. IF a takeover happens, and there are several parties, the chances of them being like Abramovic and Sheik Mansour are much less than them being like Randy Lerner or Carson Young (however it's spelt) - slow, careful 'investment'.

Wouldn't now be a good time to fax a 50M offer to Hicks and Gillette for Torres, so they can take away some more money just before any takeover????
All bollox according to who? You?

Just live with the facts.

Torres would only go to a club that would be able to match his ambitions.

How many trophies has City won recently?

No CL football.

Sorry, you have failed the Torres consideration test.
Similar to Liverpool then, just with more money and a better squad.

yozzer said:
dref619 said:
am i the only one who still doesnt think this is over ?
no means no

fair play, i just think the fact hes said hes staying doesnt mean he is, look at swp days before he first left for chelsea, most players cover their backs in case a proposed transfer doesnt go through, im not saying i think torres is coming, i was never really sure on it, i just dont think that means it is over.

id still close the thread

SWP's back said:
pennypennytannerbob said:
I am really pleased that some earlier racist remarks have been removed. Well done mods.
Do tell....

SWP: I won't repeat for obvious reasons but it was certainly nothing to do with Pam's/your very amusing spat with Warhawkmoski (just in case you were wondering.) The person responsible for some careless stereotyping is probably serving a yellow card.

sambacity4eva said:
dref619 said:
am i the only one who still doesnt think this is over ?

Yes.

From the Sporting Life today....

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is pleased Fernando Torres has pledged his future to the club after admitting the club would not be able to turn down a massive bid for the Spain striker.

Both Chelsea and Manchester City were rumoured to be considering a British transfer record bid for Torres in the £60m region but he returned to pre-season training this week and insisted his commitment had not wavered.

Liverpool clearly did not want to sell the 26-year-old but it was felt had they received a bid in excess of £50m they would have had to seriously consider it.

Hodgson knows a player of Torres' quality will always attract attention but he is thinking only of what the player can offer him in the coming campaign.

"The important thing for Fernando and for us is that we have a good season - he as a player, us as a club and me as a manager," said the 62-year-old.

"Who knows what next season will bring? We could have a fantastic season and the players will not want to go anywhere or we could have a worse one and there will be more speculation.

"It could be he does so fantastically well and an offer comes in like the offer came in for Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo (£56million and £80million respectively - both from Real Madrid) which is impossible to turn down.

"But we will take that problem when and if it arises but the important thing is it hasn't arisen this summer because he is going to be playing for us.

"He is committed to playing for us and he is going to honour his contract and it is good for me he has made it clear he likes the club and the fans.

"It is nice now the speculation can finally end once and for all after Fernando made it clear how absolutely committed he is."

Amid all the rumours Hodgson, three weeks into his reign, flew out to see Torres while he was on holiday.

The player said he had been impressed by his new manager but Hodgson admits there were times when he feared he would lose Torres or Steven Gerrard, who was linked to Real before he committed his future to the club.

"I hate bland statements saying 'Don't worry, everything will be rosy' when you know the world of football and what we are up against," he added.

"I know the battles that have to be fought sometimes to get things right and I was anxious not to make any false promises.

"But it is a much nicer feeling today with all these players still with us with the possibility to bring in one or two new faces."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.