Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
just seen on the back of the people when they do the paper review on ssn chelsea are going after kaka and torres for £100 mill, cant see them spending that much myself.

franksven said:
Ducky_ said:
He's been awful this whole world cup. Maybe all those injuries have taken their toll.

Just needs to get his fitness and confidence back, once he has these he'll be flying agin, or until he's injured again. However, well worth the risk.

We can not afford to play a man into fitness and confidence with dreadful after dreadful performance though. It's now 5 WC games with awful performance and it has nearly caused them to be knocked out.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 am --<br /><br />
franksven said:
Somud said:
He really looks dreadful these days. I would rather us getting Forlan to be honest. He's a complete super-player.

hhmmm... who couldn't do it over here previously, don't think i'd take the risk of it happening again.

It's a smaller risk than Torres. Forlan has no problem scoring against English opposition these days so what he did half a decade ago is less of a concern than what Torres is showing today.

Somud said:
franksven said:
Just needs to get his fitness and confidence back, once he has these he'll be flying agin, or until he's injured again. However, well worth the risk.

We can not afford to play a man into fitness and confidence with dreadful after dreadful performance though. It's now 5 WC games with awful performance and it has nearly caused them to be knocked out.

-- Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 am --

franksven said:
hhmmm... who couldn't do it over here previously, don't think i'd take the risk of it happening again.

It's a smaller risk than Torres. Forlan has no problem scoring against English opposition these days so what he did half a decade ago is less of a concern than what Torres is showing today.

You only have to look at his stats for liverpool over the last 3 seasons, and as he will be playing in the Premier league and not the World cup for us, i'd be more than happy taking that risk. This is just my personal opinion :)

Torres is looking like Liverpool have ruined him, playing him time and again when hes injured and not fit. All his pace and movement have gone nothing like the player of a year or 2 back.

I am starting to think I prefer Dzeko. THe ways the pundits were talking on the bbc they seemed to think there are serious doubts over his long term fitness. Spain playing him is like playing 10 men. No idea why Silva cant get on the pitch.

If the Torres - City thing gathered pace like 2 weeks ago everyone would be wanking till their balls turned to syrup.

Torres is the best all round striker in the world by far - FACT.

Dzeko is better for us though. Hope we forget about Torres the Diver.

Have we even been linked (by a reliable source) with him lately?

Don't remember reading anything about Torres since January.

Fellas he had an operation just 3 weeks before the World Cup. These things take time to recover from. He shouldn't even be there.

Ducky_ said:
Have we even been linked (by a reliable source) with him lately?

Don't remember reading anything about Torres since January.

ya that's what I have been thinking. always felt good abouty Silva and Toure and it happened. But I just don't see us signing this player. there is no smoke and I doubt there is a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.