Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie! said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
If you was an englishman making those statements i would of had something to say, seeing as your an aussie, its what i come to expect :)

Is that a compliment or an insult? - Im thinking its more the latter, haha

this was in the post i made above, but you got in before me ;)

How on earth you can judge Eto when he was in that side is beyond me. so for the past month your willing to knock all players above seasons. just for that. over 120 goals, countless assists, league titles, european cups, give it a break

alera said:
Torres is looking like Liverpool have ruined him, playing him time and again when hes injured and not fit. All his pace and movement have gone nothing like the player of a year or 2 back.

I am starting to think I prefer Dzeko. THe ways the pundits were talking on the bbc they seemed to think there are serious doubts over his long term fitness. Spain playing him is like playing 10 men. No idea why Silva cant get on the pitch.
I agree, Torres hasn't performed consistently well for twelve months, if we sign Torres we are buying a name rather than a player in top form. It wouldn't surprise me if Hodgson uses the money to buy Dzeko, If he provides the goals and Torres spends most of the time trying to get back to form and fitness it could make the difference between us and them making the top four. I know its if's and but's but nobody can argue that Torres will get back to his best without having doubts.

charliebigspuds said:
alera said:
Torres is looking like Liverpool have ruined him, playing him time and again when hes injured and not fit. All his pace and movement have gone nothing like the player of a year or 2 back.

I am starting to think I prefer Dzeko. THe ways the pundits were talking on the bbc they seemed to think there are serious doubts over his long term fitness. Spain playing him is like playing 10 men. No idea why Silva cant get on the pitch.
I agree, Torres hasn't performed consistently well for twelve months, if we sign Torres we are buying a name rather than a player in top form. It wouldn't surprise me if Hodgson uses the money to buy Dzeko, If he provides the goals and Torres spends most of the time trying to get back to form and fitness it could make the difference between us and them making the top four. I know its if's and but's but nobody can argue that Torres will get back to his best without having doubts.

in 22 appearances last season he did score 18, so id like to see how many he'd score whilst consistant :/

Ticket For Schalke said:
charliebigspuds said:

in 22 appearances last season he did score 18, so id like to see how many he'd score whilst consistant :/
Its the same constant reasoning without taking in all the fact just the convenient ones to put out your opinion... as TFS says 18 goals in 22 appearances is one fact... the other fact is that he has had niggles through out the season that has hampered his ability... and Liverpool constantly rushed him back to play for them... thats why he was constantly injured so 3 weeks before WC he had an operation done so to be fair on Torres he is nowhere near his top form... noone would be that close to an operation... Torres on form is almost unstoppable... that said i want both Torres and Dzeko playing for us... I am that greedy + it would mean bad business for other clubs!!!

gman07 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Its the same constant reasoning without taking in all the fact just the convenient ones to put out your opinion... as TFS says 18 goals in 22 appearances is one fact... the other fact is that he has had niggles through out the season that has hampered his ability... and Liverpool constantly rushed him back to play for them... thats why he was constantly injured so 3 weeks before WC he had an operation done so to be fair on Torres he is nowhere near his top form... noone would be that close to an operation... Torres on form is almost unstoppable... that said i want both Torres and Dzeko playing for us... I am that greedy + it would mean bad business for other clubs!!!

Not in a million years mate will both come, i prefere Ade to Dzeko any road, i think this season Manu will buckle down, and kick on, he's was still a 1/2 man last season. I rate Ade highley.

Ticket For Schalke said:
gman07 said:

Not in a million years mate will both come, i prefere Ade to Dzeko any road, i think this season Manu will buckle down, and kick on, he's was still a 1/2 man last season. I rate Ade highley.
I know TFS that it is a slim chance of getting both... but it still is a chance :-) especially if the rumour of Tevez is correct... when it comes to Ade I too rate him highly and I do believe he will blossom this season... he has so much to play for and with great service comes great chances... just think about Silva, AJ, Yaya Bellamy I could go on here :-)

charliebigspuds said:
alera said:

I agree, Torres hasn't performed consistently well for twelve months, if we sign Torres we are buying a name rather than a player in top form.

Sometimes I just can't believe what I read on here.

Torres is a quality striker , the best in the world when he is on form, he's unstoppable. But he is injury prone , and it's not because he is constantly rushed back from injury , his knees aren't up to it . It's injury then he comes back and scores shit loads then injury then shit,oads it's a never ending cycle . I would love torres to come as kit would state our intent but I feel the injuries are jst too big a gamble , I would rather take Dzeko at this point in time . Young , never heard of any bad injuries and like torres scores shitloads

You're going on like he's Darren Anderton. Torres started over 30 games last year.

And of course he is going to get injured when he is constantly being played with injuries to try and keep managers in a job.

Ticket For Schalke said:
gman07 said:

just an opinion but what about the likelihood of having 4 quality forwards

tevez,addy,dzeko,torres?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.