Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Spyro said:
svennis pennis said:
Why dont you support Liverpool anymore and what made you choose us??

On Liverpool: I haven't completely abandoned the Reds, but certain nagging things really got to me. One was a bit of arrogance that seemed to proliferate the fanbase. I'm not speaking for everyone, but one can only go on past glories for so long before it becomes redundant. Another thing is the debt. Really, the main reason I first started following the club was because of George Gillett. Back in 2007, he bought controlling interest of the NASCAR I was passionately (which is for the most part dead. It's still around, but the main qualities that attracted me to it have left or are leaving) and from there, I decided to follow his other sporting interests. Largely during the ownership controversy, I had been defending Gillett (not so much Hicks), though anymore the animosity has really turned me off. I love that the fans are passionate, but it just becomes too much.

On City: I had actually started liking this club a couple of years back. Yeah, probably seen as underachievers (like my beloved Atletico), but it was a club with a lot of heart. Plus, another team with a big rivalry with United. Big plus for me. However, I will admit this. My liking for the club really picked up with the signing of David Silva. I admire the ambition of the club, so I'll be following it much more closely. I also admire that the owners seem to have the club's best interests at heart.

I still have love and respect for Liverpool, but I guess my heart really wasn't into it. Really, it's the same exact story for the NHL where I started following the Montreal Canadiens (formerly owned by Gillett), but now end up following the Anaheim Ducks and Pittsburgh Penguins. Hell, even in the MLS I started with the New York Red Bulls before I found my soccer club with the Seattle Sounders. As for the Premier League. I think my heart actually lies with City.

Are you sure, now ???

You can ask a friend... only playing mate.

S04 said:
Captain Spyro said:
Yeah, but in this case I followed one of the American owners. XD Pretty much, but I should also mention something.

When I first started following Liverpool, I was a football novice, so I knew little tonothing about the teams around it (back in 06 or 07, so I am still fairly new). Liverpool was all I knew, and I as I grow older, I find myself attracted to other clubs for reasons related to things besides owners & big name stars. Bayern and Atletico are examples, as is City.

I think you are undecided..Bayern&Liverpool are two old established top clubs.
Atletico and City clubs that have played second fiddle for decades.

But give it time, sooner or later you will know. It will be painful though..because you take out your heart and leave it in someones care..Hence the anger, hate and bitternes if things turn sour.

I'm used to it. I went through the same issues with the NHL and MLS. Once you find 'your team,' the hard times are easier to swallow. The Seattle Sounders FC in America are experiencing such times at the moment, but I really don't have any intentions to move. Same in hockey.

One thing I will mention is that I like cheering for multiple teams, which is why I mentioned Bayern (established & stable) and Atletico (second fiddle with heart). I'm keeping the limit to three in Europe. A few years back, I had five.

Never again. >_< As I grow as a football fan, I learn to live with deficiencies. Bayern's main deficiency is really it's home league...which in turn is it's strength. Funny thing, but in the long run, it may help them with the coming financial rules. Atletico...well, they have many issues, but they're underdogs. Hard not for met to love them.

City is growing as a class club.

The Fixer said:
samharris said:
And how do we do that ?? we chat on our site about getting Torres & Silva yet on the dipper and scum sites its all .."who the fuck do shitty or Citeh think they are..fooking nomark club with no history buying above their station" and all the other shit that they post..

all clubs have good fans..we are just fighting back against the coonts..

Absofuckinglutely this^^^^^^

Couldn't agree-to-fuck-more ;)

Captain Spyro said:
blueinsa said:
WTF???

Is this a support group for undecided 'soccer' fans?

ycnmiu

Not looking for support. Someone asked a question and I answered. I do apologize for taking it off-topic though. :)

Sorry mate, it was a tongue in cheek jibe at some of our posters on here, not at you.

Welcome to Gods own club my friend.

She can be a very hard misstress but you will find her worth the effort ;-)

back to torres.......if its true he spoke to silva,and told him our club is going places,and it would be a good move for him,(silva)..why would'nt he join himself..?why not talk silva into joining liverpool.?i just think its all in our favour..can't see him joining barca as they apparently did not, pay the players this month.i can't see him joining chelsea,as he is settled where he is...think it will be like all other transfers and we will be held to ransom..

SPIDERBOY said:
back to torres.......if its true he spoke to silva,and told him our club is going places,and it would be a good move for him,(silva)..why would'nt he join himself..?why not talk silva into joining liverpool.?i just think its all in our favour..can't see him joining barca as they apparently did not, pay the players this month.i can't see him joining chelsea,as he is settled where he is...think it will be like all other transfers and we will be held to ransom..

Personally, I see Torres staying in the Premier League. I believe it has been said he doesn't want to return to Spain (and if he did, he'd likely rejoin Atletico IMO). Most likely he'll stay at Liverpool, or join Chelsea or City. Arsenal is a maybe, but they don't seem interested.

So yeah. Pretty much repeating what's already said.

I also agree that Silva has a massive part to play in this transfer! Like the above poster said if it was Torres who told him to come here then why not come himself if the chance became available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.