Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
He firstly looks like he would really suit a pressing style of play which we tried this,season but we all know is not yaya's best attribute....

Secondly the freedom someone like him could give to ferd and yaya could be very important. Ferd is pretty good getting forward, possibly underrated at it and this guy may allow him to show more of this...also allowing silva even more space

Looks a good buy(presuming we do get him)

Fernando is better than Garcia, plain and simple. The management knows it, I know it, you know it, grampa Garcia knows it, Sheeba the long lost Egyptian mummy knows it. No one is saying he's the next Colin Bell, what were saying is he'll be loved here for his sheer comittment to the cause and he's a good player too.

Yates said:
Fernando is better than Garcia, plain and simple. The management knows it, I know it, you know it, grampa Garcia knows it, Sheeba the long lost Egyptian mummy knows it. No one is saying he's the next Colin Bell, what were saying is he'll be loved here for his sheer comittment to the cause and he's a good player too.

I completely agree with that bit, and that he isn't Colin Bell.

Otherwise we'll agree to disagree. I've maintained I think he'll be a good signing if he comes.

BlueDejong said:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdAHDC_ZS_A[/video]

Fantastic player. He will be new De Jong ? Nope. He's looks like Fernandinho & Yaya Toure minor ver.

Exciting, skillful, technician, good passer. I love him.

Georgios Samaras and all that.

But I appreciate the enthusiasm.

SebastianBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
Have you actually seen Fernando;-) play,or even seen him for that matter?

He is considerably taller and leaner than DJ,he's faster and covers the ground better and is superior technically,he's just a better player.

Ideal for our needs.

Seen him in about 8 times this season in Europa League action and Champions League action. He doesn't make any forward runs, he doesn't ping the ball about like an Alonso or dribble like a Modric, he's strong in the tackle and will allow our full backs to push on without getting caught on the counter attack. He even does the De Jong spin.

Thank you for being the other reasonable poster in this thread. I have watched him play about 15 times this year (a friend is a crazy Porto supporter—almost as crazy as me with City) and that is a great assessment. If you wanted a comparative analysis with Garcia it would be:

Fernando

Strengths:
Athleticism
Tackling
Recovery
Short Passing

Weaknesses:

Positional Awareness (minor)
Vision
Infrequently Overly Aggressive
Ball Control

Garcia

Strengths:
Positional Awareness
Ball Control
Short Passing
Tackling

Weaknesses:
Pace
Vision
Recovery

Basically we are getting Richards as a defensive midfielder (though, he is not made of glass).

I don't count him as a massive upgrade, or a player who will grow much better, just a good signing as a different sort of player to Garcia, who is a great squad player (and is obviously trusted by Pellegrini).

If we wanted a player who still had potential to realise, we would go for Nilton or Sergi Darder (which Manuel could surely arrange), but Pellegrini knows that's not necessary.

Personally I would love to see Huws and Fofana given more of a chance this year. Different styles but could play a part and we need to start giving our lads opportunities.

The fact that you class ball control as one of Garcia's strengths makes me question the value of your assessment on Fernando

Georgian Maestro said:
SebastianBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Seen him in about 8 times this season in Europa League action and Champions League action. He doesn't make any forward runs, he doesn't ping the ball about like an Alonso or dribble like a Modric, he's strong in the tackle and will allow our full backs to push on without getting caught on the counter attack. He even does the De Jong spin.

Thank you for being the other reasonable poster in this thread. I have watched him play about 15 times this year (a friend is a crazy Porto supporter—almost as crazy as me with City) and that is a great assessment. If you wanted a comparative analysis with Garcia it would be:

Fernando

Strengths:
Athleticism
Tackling
Recovery
Short Passing

Weaknesses:

Positional Awareness (minor)
Vision
Infrequently Overly Aggressive
Ball Control

Garcia

Strengths:
Positional Awareness
Ball Control
Short Passing
Tackling

Weaknesses:
Pace
Vision
Recovery

Basically we are getting Richards as a defensive midfielder (though, he is not made of glass).

I don't count him as a massive upgrade, or a player who will grow much better, just a good signing as a different sort of player to Garcia, who is a great squad player (and is obviously trusted by Pellegrini).

If we wanted a player who still had potential to realise, we would go for Nilton or Sergi Darder (which Manuel could surely arrange), but Pellegrini knows that's not necessary.

Personally I would love to see Huws and Fofana given more of a chance this year. Different styles but could play a part and we need to start giving our lads opportunities.

The fact that you class ball control as one of Garcia's strengths makes me question the value of your assessment on Fernando

I knew someone would take issue with that, despite him being very good under pressure (especially in the last six months once he settled down). I still have trouble understanding why people think otherwise but it looks as if I won't change your mind.

Tweet from City_Watch: Daily Mail: Pellegrini plans to sign and base next year's CL campaign around Fernando and will attempt to make the team less open in Europe.

I trust what the board and MP have in mind for the midfield since they brought in Dinho and didn't give up on Garcia like a lot of fans did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.