Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Mago said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I think we should just keep Garcia his form improved a lot lately and I think promoting huws would be ideal.

Huws needs to be loaned for a Premier League club for a year at least.

Its better for him to play regularly there, than being a 4th choice at City.

I just think it would be a never ending loan deal then. We always say they aren't ready yet, we may aswell give them a chance and with the amount of games next season he could get plenty of games. Barca, bayern, Dortmund, Madrid all seem to give there youth a chance so we should and could

Matt.D said:
SebastianBlue said:
abellwillring said:
He is a notable upgrade over Garcia regardless of Garcia's upturn in form.

We'll need to be looking at the 6 weeks Yaya will be at AFCON as well.

I've watched him quite a bit but I suppose you could have more information so I'll take your word for it.

He is a significant upgrade on Garcia.

It seems I've missed him transforming into a tactically-aware, hard-tackling, high workrate Robinho.

This thread reminds me of the Mbia discussion.

SebastianBlue said:
Matt.D said:
SebastianBlue said:
I've watched him quite a bit but I suppose you could have more information so I'll take your word for it.
;0
He is a significant upgrade on Garcia.

It seems I've missed him transforming into a tactically-aware, hard-tackling, high workrate Robinho.

This thread reminds me of the Mbia discussion.

there must be something in the air tonight!:))

LoveCity said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
I've seen quite a bit of Porto - this guy will be a real plus for us. He's only 26 - 27 in July so he's not old at all, he looks quick (deffo quicker than I remember Dejong being), he's tenacious and is technicalyl better than Dejong is/was IMO .....

He is a brilliant player, one of the best ball-winning midfielders around and makes De Jong look second rate. When we signed Fernandinho, I just knew he'd be perfect for our league. I'd think the same about Fernando. Garcia has indeed improved, but Fernando would be a significant upgrade. It'd be good if we could keep all four for the next season, but if something has to give because of the sanctions, then it'd be Garcia (who Inter apparently like). Fernando could really close those frighteningly big gaps we leave between defence and midfield, which are exploited by better teams, especially in Europe (letting teams like Bayern and Real just run at our defence with so much space has been suicidal).

Agree with you .....I don't understand the negativity around this guy I really don't, he can pick a pass as well and I mean a quick, incisive, forward pass. Hopefully we sign him in the next few days and the critics will be pleasantly surprised. When we bought Fernandinho people were sceptical and he turned out to be superb for us. This guy will probably be significantly cheaper than him ...

TrueBlue1705 said:
LoveCity said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
I've seen quite a bit of Porto - this guy will be a real plus for us. He's only 26 - 27 in July so he's not old at all, he looks quick (deffo quicker than I remember Dejong being), he's tenacious and is technicalyl better than Dejong is/was IMO .....

He is a brilliant player, one of the best ball-winning midfielders around and makes De Jong look second rate. When we signed Fernandinho, I just knew he'd be perfect for our league. I'd think the same about Fernando. Garcia has indeed improved, but Fernando would be a significant upgrade. It'd be good if we could keep all four for the next season, but if something has to give because of the sanctions, then it'd be Garcia (who Inter apparently like). Fernando could really close those frighteningly big gaps we leave between defence and midfield, which are exploited by better teams, especially in Europe (letting teams like Bayern and Real just run at our defence with so much space has been suicidal).

Agree with you .....I don't understand the negativity around this guy I really don't, he can pick a pass as well and I mean a quick, incisive, forward pass. Hopefully we sign him in the next few days and the critics will be pleasantly surprised. When we bought Fernandinho people were sceptical and he turned out to be superb for us. This guy will probably be significantly cheaper than him ...

I think he is a good player and I am not sure anyone is being "negative". But I do think my deja vu to the Mbia discussion is founded. Half the thread was comprised of posters that had never really watched him going on about him being the answer to all our problems. Then he went to QPR and those posters lamented our failure to recruit.

Fast forward to his performances and all of a sudden everyone agreed he was no where near our standard and were glad we chose not to pursue him.

Do not misunderstand, I believe he will be a good signing if he comes, but some of the assessments on here don't seem to reflect reality.

SebastianBlue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
LoveCity said:

I think he is a good player and I am not sure anyone is being "negative". But I do think my deja vu to the Mbia discussion is founded. Half the thread was comprised of posters that had never really watched him going on about him being the answer to all our problems. Then he went to QPR and those posters lamented our failure to recruit.

Fast forward to his performances and all of a sudden everyone agreed he was no where near our standard and were glad we chose not to pursue him.

Do not misunderstand, I believe he will be a good signing if he comes, but some of the assessments on here don't seem to reflect reality.

What is being said about him that isn't reflecting reality? I actually see more negativity surrounding him than anything. I for one can't wait to not only see him taking out the likes of Wayne Rooney & Eden Hazard but in the process launching counter attacks.

[*]
corky1970 said:
No1. You lot know fuck all
No 2. The evidence is in the Yaya thread
No 3 you lot still know fuck all

End thread

What is it you know that we don't know? ( that we know fuck all)

corky1970 said:
Yates said:
[*]
corky1970 said:
No1. You lot know fuck all
No 2. The evidence is in the Yaya thread
No 3 you lot still know fuck all

End thread

What is it you know that we don't know? ( that we know fuck all)

Fuck all

I know that he's nicknamed "The Octopus."

Not sure what else anyone would need to know about a man before committing to an expensive transfer.

He would be a very good signing.

Mobile, can tackle, read the game and likes to switch the play from one side of the pitch to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.