Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
flb said:
Ray78 said:
Mancini signings.

Doesnt alter the fact that Manuel rates them more than Mancini did.

It says a lot when Pellegrini is getting the best out of Kolarov.

-- Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:25 pm --

FantasyIreland said:
flb said:
Doesnt alter the fact that Manuel rates them more than Mancini did.

Which speaks volumes about our talent pool and depth of squad.

Yep that as well.

Milner and Rodwell and Even Barry are better options than Garcia.

Any fucker is better than Kolorov, even Zaba has played left back.

BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
It's why Pellegrini was so highly sought after this summer whilst Mancini has ended up in a Turkish shop window.
and when Pellegrini ended up at Malaga after Real Madrid?

When Pellegrini took over at Malaga the idea was that they were going to be the Spanish equivalent of City. A club bank rolled by Oil money with huge ambitions. One of the reasons he was so sought after the summer just gone is because whilst the promise of money turned into Malaga consistently selling their best players, Pellegrini still managed to have them overachieving on a grand scale.

But this is largely irrelevant. If the discussion is about Pellegrini, then our away form is shit and needs to improve but he's making progress in enough areas that he's under no pressure IMO. If it's about the rights and wrongs of sacking Mancini - well then you know as well as I do his time was up and regardless of his replacement, he needed to go. If it's about Mancini v Pellegrini - outside the bubble of MCFC supporters there really is no comparison. Pellegrini is clearly the more respected coach because he was highly sought after this summer whilst, like I say Mancini ended up in Turkey. That's not to say Galatasary are a small club, not by a long stretch. But the Turkish league is a footballing backwater when compared to Spain, Italy, England, possibly even France these days.
Who were all the clubs in for Pellegrini which made him highly sought?
Just to be clear, that bubble of MCFC supporters who rate Mancini above Pellegrini do so because there's solid evidence in the form of trophies. Even though Pellegrini has been in the game much longer it would be hard to argue that he's more successful than Mancini, or even that he'll win as many trophies with us than Mancini did.
Being respected is great, I'm glad that we've got somebody in charge who isn't being goaded by the press every week or having to deal with leaks within the club because their confidence has been shattered through not being spoken warmly enough.
You can state all day long, as you often do, about the nasty Italian being only good enough to manage backwater teams. It doesn't make you right though, my guess is Mancini will finish his career with more European and domestic trophies than Pellegrini.

Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:
Skashion said:

When Pellegrini took over at Malaga the idea was that they were going to be the Spanish equivalent of City. A club bank rolled by Oil money with huge ambitions. One of the reasons he was so sought after the summer just gone is because whilst the promise of money turned into Malaga consistently selling their best players, Pellegrini still managed to have them overachieving on a grand scale.

But this is largely irrelevant. If the discussion is about Pellegrini, then our away form is shit and needs to improve but he's making progress in enough areas that he's under no pressure IMO. If it's about the rights and wrongs of sacking Mancini - well then you know as well as I do his time was up and regardless of his replacement, he needed to go. If it's about Mancini v Pellegrini - outside the bubble of MCFC supporters there really is no comparison. Pellegrini is clearly the more respected coach because he was highly sought after this summer whilst, like I say Mancini ended up in Turkey. That's not to say Galatasary are a small club, not by a long stretch. But the Turkish league is a footballing backwater when compared to Spain, Italy, England, possibly even France these days.
Just to be clear, that bubble of MCFC supporters who rate Mancini above Pellegrini do so because there's solid evidence in the form of trophies. Even though Pellegrini has been in the game much longer it would be hard to argue that he's more successful than Mancini, or even that he'll win as many trophies with us than Mancini did.
Being respected is great, I'm glad that we've got somebody in charge who isn't being goaded by the press every week or having to deal with leaks within the club because their confidence has been shattered through not being spoken warmly enough.
You can state all day long, as you often do, about the nasty Italian being only good enough to manage backwater teams. It doesn't make you right though, my guess is Mancini will finish his career with more European and domestic trophies than Pellegrini.

No chance with that one, fucked up at Inter. Had a chance of winning the Europa and fucked that one up as well.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Can you imagine the team we would have if selection was down to this forum.....Nightmare!!

Can you imagine how many managers we would go through if it was down to this forum,

Ray78 said:
Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:

No chance with that one, fucked up at Inter.
He's not even in his 50's is he?
If he hasn't won a European trophy in the next 5 years I'll make a donation to the charity of Bluemoons choice!

Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:
Skashion said:

This will be Pellagrini's last chance of any European silverware, its the holy grail for him, its the most important thing for him.

flb said:
Pablo1 said:
BillyShears said:

This will be Pellagrini's last chance of any European silverware, its the holy grail for him, its the most important thing for him.
...and it's my wish that he succeeds.

Pablo1 said:

You need only look at the clubs who have changed managers in the summer and that will give you a decent indication of who wanted Pellegrini. Certainly it's been confirmed by the man himself that both Chelsea and PSG wanted him. The Spanish press believe he was Barca's number 1 candidate to replace Tito.

I respect both your view of Mancini and your impassioned defence of him whenever you feel someone has unfairly criticised him. But you do our current manager a huge disservice and inadvertently show how little faith you have in him by suggesting that he will not be able to win the same number of trophies (2) at City that Mancini did. I suspect he'll equal that number this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.