Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
It's why Pellegrini was so highly sought after this summer whilst Mancini has ended up in a Turkish shop window.
and when Pellegrini ended up at Malaga after Real Madrid?

When Pellegrini took over at Malaga the idea was that they were going to be the Spanish equivalent of City. A club bank rolled by Oil money with huge ambitions. One of the reasons he was so sought after the summer just gone is because whilst the promise of money turned into Malaga consistently selling their best players, Pellegrini still managed to have them overachieving on a grand scale.

But this is largely irrelevant. If the discussion is about Pellegrini, then our away form is shit and needs to improve but he's making progress in enough areas that he's under no pressure IMO. If it's about the rights and wrongs of sacking Mancini - well then you know as well as I do his time was up and regardless of his replacement, he needed to go. If it's about Mancini v Pellegrini - outside the bubble of MCFC supporters there really is no comparison. Pellegrini is clearly the more respected coach because he was highly sought after this summer whilst, like I say Mancini ended up in Turkey. That's not to say Galatasary are a small club, not by a long stretch. But the Turkish league is a footballing backwater when compared to Spain, Italy, England, possibly even France these days.

BillyShears said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Wildly disingenuous ? To say we'd get through against CSKA AND Plzen?
You think they're stronger away than Napoli and Ajax?

As you're so keen on comparisons - campare Mancini's performances against Bayern to the embarrassing football and tactical lesson we recently had.

Yes wildly disingenuous. Why don't you go and read up on Plzen and CSKA's records in Europe in the last couple of years. In fact, to suggest Frank Clark would've gotten us out of that group is both laughable and embarrassing. The kind shit I expect from the idiot brigade, but not from you.

You are right we were thoroughly outclassed against Bayern at home. However why on earth is that important when we've qualified from the group. I'd rather have taken a spanking off Bayern the year Mancini had them in the group if it could've meant a better showing against Napoli and ultimately qualifying from the group.

Mancini can't touch Pellegrini's record in Europe with teams assembled on a shoestring. It's why Pellegrini was so highly sought after this summer whilst Mancini has ended up in a Turkish shop window.

Instead of looking up records - why not watch the actual matches and their poor performances.

I suppose the Bayern game was important because 1. we haven't improved against them, if anything got worse, 2. It wasn't a dead rubber at the time, 3. we are going to have to play these type of better teams now.

Perhaps Pellegrini is the type of Manager who is better on a shoestring with little to lose.

In all honesty Billy - I hope to have egg on my face come May - I will apologise gladly. But I can only go on what I've witnessed first hand so far - it's ok - not hurrendous - but not the improvemnt I was expecting.

Ray78 said:
flb said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Graham Hunter was asked about Pellegrini this morning on Talksport. He knows him having worked with him in Spain. The gist of what he said was that every player he's ever talked to who played for Pellegrini has huge respect for him as a man manager and a tactician. He leads and teams follow. He also said that Pellegrini had highlighted a need for a top class centre back and a top class playmaker to go alongside Silva. City wouldn't pay the cash for Pepe and missed out on Isco, and these have affected us given our injury record. He also believes, just as I do, that these squad deficiencies will be sorted out. He also believes that he's acheived his first objective, he's still in with a big shout of the league, and that we are still his favourites to win it.

Exactly how I see it. Whilst the away form needs to be sorted, and needs to be sorted quick, I have seen enough to believe that it will.

I bet you were shaking your head on Sunday though Dave when you saw Garcia paired with Yaya and that fucking clueless defender Kolorov starting.

Mancini signings.

Doesnt alter the fact that Manuel rates them more than Mancini did.

BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:
BillyShears said:
When all's said and done ... this thread, like the Pellegrini one, is populated by disgruntled Mancini fanboys looking to take their ire out on two of the most respected executives in world football.

And Mancini outers giving the opposite viewpoint. In effect just the same as when Mancini was in charge but positions switched around.

Anyone with half a brain can see how immature and ignorant it is to take against one manager, because you loved the previous one so much, or in fact, to take against two guys who's job you have no idea about, because you've decided they were in fact responsible for the object of your irrational affection being sacked.

But yeah other that that, and the fact that most people who wanted Mancini out could actually string a coherent thought together and had a point, the situations are the same.

Sorry Billy, really have to take you up on this comment. As a city fan of 25 barren, hopeless years to have a manager come in and win trophies - things that i'd never thought i'd see in my entire life, please forgive me for having some affection for Mancini, and I don't think that's irrational. Come to think of it I don't think any of those fans who sung his name after him being sacked or who chipped in for the gazetta advert would call it irrational either.

I support Pellegrini 110%, but let's be clear on this one. Pellegrini was installed as boss on the recommendation of Ferran and Txiki. Mancini was not their manager de jour and he was undermined by them so they could get their way. They have since galvanised the team with approximately 100m quids worth of playing staff, so if Pellegrini does fail, and let me re-iterate, I by no means want him too, you have to concede that these two Spanish execs have done the wrong thing by our club.

I also think Mancini would have gotten us out of our CL group this year too.

BillyShears said:
When Pellegrini took over at Malaga the idea was that they were going to be the Spanish equivalent of City. A club bank rolled by Oil money with huge ambitions. One of the reasons he was so sought after the summer just gone is because whilst the promise of money turned into Malaga consistently selling their best players, Pellegrini still managed to have them overachieving on a grand scale.

But this is largely irrelevant. If the discussion is about Pellegrini, then our away form is shit and needs to improve but he's making progress in enough areas that he's under no pressure IMO. If it's about the rights and wrongs of sacking Mancini - well then you know as well as I do his time was up and regardless of his replacement, he needed to go. If it's about Mancini v Pellegrini - outside the bubble of MCFC supporters there really is no comparison. Pellegrini is clearly the more respected coach because he was highly sought after this summer whilst, like I say Mancini ended up in Turkey. That's not to say Galatasary are a small club, not by a long stretch. But the Turkish league is a footballing backwater when compared to Spain, Italy, England, possibly even France these days.
Oh, this is all about Pellegrini, I just thought it was another needless dig at Mancini that you were unable to prevent yourself from taking.

GaudinoMotors said:
In all honesty Billy - I hope to have egg on my face come May - I will apologise gladly. But I can only go on what I've witnessed first hand so far - it's ok - not hurrendous - but not the improvemnt I was expecting.

Fair enough ... I've no problem with that at all. I know plenty of people who are currently unsure about Pellegrini ... it's natural with a new manager who people don't know a lot about, especially when he's replaced such a popular one.

But the discussions in this thread this morning, and I use the term discussion very loosely, was nothing more than a series of conspiracy theories about how Mancini was terribly hard done by by Txiki and Ferran and how they conspired to make his life difficult, conspired to fuck up last season, all with the sole aim of being able to sack him at the end of it all. It's hard not to sneer at stupidity like that, not least because of the enormous disservice it does our owners.

flb said:
Ray78 said:
flb said:
I bet you were shaking your head on Sunday though Dave when you saw Garcia paired with Yaya and that fucking clueless defender Kolorov starting.

Mancini signings.

It says a lot when Pellegrini is getting the best out of Kolarov.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:25 pm --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
flb said:

Which speaks volumes about our talent pool and depth of squad.

Yep that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.