Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

aguero93:20 said:
BobKowalski said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It was a bit tongue in cheek but I have a little inkling that he is the Mancini equivalent of the Dzeko fan boys.

What else should one think about someone who once started a thread telling us how wonderful Mancini's hair looked?

Well gay possibly...although in fairness Roberto did have cracking hair. Definitely appealing to the metrosexual that lurks within us all
Fair bit grayer by the time he left though, should have been talking to his goalkeeper more.
I think his goalkeeper did a fair bit to make it more grey.

LoveCity said:
gelly said:
I don't think they will deliver on the football side. People are talking like they I built Barcelona from scratch. When their philosophy has been from Cryuff days. Barcelona have continued to win with or without team. The biggest factor to success in the PL is management stability and authority. Alot of clubs have axed the DoF system.

Which clubs? Because the following clubs have a DoF/sporting director or equivalent (someone with a heavy influence on player recruitment who doesn't coach the team) as far as I know:

- City (Txiki)
- Chelsea (Emenalo)
- Spurs (Baldini)
- Real Madrid (Zidane)
- Barcelona (Zubizarreta)
- Bayern Munich (Sammer)
- Borussia Dortmund (Zorc)
- Schalke (Heldt)
- Juventus (Marotta)
- Roma (Sabatini)
- Inter (Branca)
- PSG (currently vacant after Leonardo left, Maldini deciding whether to take the role)
- Monaco (Vasilyev)
- Ajax (Overmars)
- PSV (Brands)

It's the modern day model of Europe's top clubs. The "absolute power to manager" model is rare and many will say dated.

Look at United and Arsenal's attempts to sign players this summer. Arsenal did finally land Ozil, but they (and United) botched deal after deal beforehand with no sporting director in place.

I am talking about England. Arsenal and Liverpool are not under that model and they are top 2. Liverpool scrapped it and are now 2nd. Arsenal signed the deal of the summer with Ozil and transformed their team. Mourinho is not working that well with DoF. DoF has been proven to be useless in England. The continental sides has always operated on that system but English football is different. The best setup in England is the manager operating along side a Chief Executive. The manager has sole power and authority and especially deserves so after winning trophies.

gelly said:
LoveCity said:
gelly said:
I don't think they will deliver on the football side. People are talking like they I built Barcelona from scratch. When their philosophy has been from Cryuff days. Barcelona have continued to win with or without team. The biggest factor to success in the PL is management stability and authority. Alot of clubs have axed the DoF system.

Which clubs? Because the following clubs have a DoF/sporting director or equivalent (someone with a heavy influence on player recruitment who doesn't coach the team) as far as I know:

- City (Txiki)
- Chelsea (Emenalo)
- Spurs (Baldini)
- Real Madrid (Zidane)
- Bayern Munich (Sammer)
- Schalke (Heldt)
- Juventus (Marotta)
- Roma (Sabatini)
- Inter (Branca)
- PSG (currently vacant after Leonardo left, Maldini deciding whether to take the role)
- Monaco (Vasilyev)
- Ajax (Overmars)
- PSV (Brands)

It's the modern day model of Europe's top clubs. The "absolute power to manager" model is rare and many will say dated.

Look at United and Arsenal's attempts to sign players this summer. Arsenal did finally land Ozil, but they (and United) botched deal after deal beforehand with no sporting director in place.

I am talking about England. Arsenal and Liverpool are not under that model and they are top 2. Liverpool scrapped it and are now 2nd. Arsenal signed the deal of the summer with Ozil and transformed their team. Mourinho is not working that well with DoF. DoF has been proven to be useless in England. The continental sides has always operated on that system but English football is different. The best setup in England is the manager operating along side a Chief Executive. The manager has sole power and authority and especially deserves so after winning trophies.

Ah, the "doesn't work in England" line. How progressive of you.

gelly said:
LoveCity said:
gelly said:

- City (Txiki)
- Chelsea (Emenalo)
- Spurs (Baldini)
- Real Madrid (Zidane)
- Bayern Munich (Sammer)
- Schalke (Heldt)
- Juventus (Marotta)
- Roma (Sabatini)
- Inter (Branca)
- Monaco (Vasilyev)
- Ajax (Overmars)
- PSV (Brands)

Liverpool still have a strange version of DOF , in that it's not one person it's a commitee which Brendan Rodgers is just one member off. for deciding transfer targets.

gelly said:
LoveCity said:
gelly said:

- City (Txiki)
- Chelsea (Emenalo)
- Spurs (Baldini)
- Real Madrid (Zidane)
- Bayern Munich (Sammer)
- Schalke (Heldt)
- Juventus (Marotta)
- Roma (Sabatini)
- Inter (Branca)
- Monaco (Vasilyev)
- Ajax (Overmars)
- PSV (Brands)

Liverpool have something similar to DOF in place though, a transfer committee, basically 3 or 4 directors of football and Rodgers. Chief Executives at most English clubs do a far different job to Soriano, so if it makes you any happier, just think of Txiki as our Footballing Chief Executive, and Soriano as Head of commercial operations Mulbarak just babysits the investment for HRH. "A rose by...<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm --<br /><br />On the other hand Utd had a disastrous transfer window and Arsenal have made just one decent signing in many, many windows, so it's hard to hold them up as models, plus Mourinho doesn't get on with anyone apart from fat frank jt and Ashley sniper cole.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pablo1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It was the beginning of the end when Mancini attempted to assert his power over the Barca duo at the end of December.

Mancini thought he would call the bluff of the Balotelli camp and the club by bringing Sheikh Mansour's name into the equation.

He insisted Balotelli was our owner's favourite player and would not be sold.

Despite knowing the deal with AC was practically done and Mario had shipped all his stuff back to Italy in the middle of December.
In that case it seems like he made a calculated risk, probably knowing that he'd be gone one way or another if it didn't pay off.
That happens all the time, in everyday business as well as football.
Mancini had his reasons for being so against the two Spanish, where he cocked up was in thinking what he'd achieved so far was enough to keep the owners on board - when it patently wasn't.

Probably a decent assessment. It will sound ridiculous, but Mancini held the club to ransom over a new deal, despite the title win, and it caused further hostility down the line.

Mancini overplayed his hand time and again. For such a clever footballing politician, I found that strange.

Quite how the winner of our 1st trophy in 35 years and our first Championship in 44 years overplayed his hand beggars belief...

gelly said:

tell you what, Barca wouldn't have been buying Neymar in the summer if it weren't for the work done under the previous regime.

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pablo1 said:
In that case it seems like he made a calculated risk, probably knowing that he'd be gone one way or another if it didn't pay off.
That happens all the time, in everyday business as well as football.
Mancini had his reasons for being so against the two Spanish, where he cocked up was in thinking what he'd achieved so far was enough to keep the owners on board - when it patently wasn't.

Probably a decent assessment. It will sound ridiculous, but Mancini held the club to ransom over a new deal, despite the title win, and it caused further hostility down the line.

Mancini overplayed his hand time and again. For such a clever footballing politician, I found that strange.

Quite how the winner of our 1st trophy in 35 years and our first Championship in 44 years overplayed his hand beggars belief...
It does but not in the sense you mean I suspect.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
gelly said:

tell you what, Barca wouldn't have been buying Neymar in the summer if it weren't for the work done under the previous regime.
Truer than you could possibly imagine...

Personally. I don't give a fuck about these 2.They don't affect my life in any way shape or form and never will do.
They are employed by the club and are paid a kings ransom so let them do their job I say.
The way they went around the sacking of he who shall not be named was disgraceful but we are a club who do things the right way apparently?

Anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.