Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
NQCitizen said:
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Even funnier.

Agree the stat doesn't prove anything but it certainly is compelling.

He'd struggle to get in the top 4 prems midfields? LOL. He was one of the main men last year for a top 4 prem team. Errm, the Champions in fact.

Seem to recall he was in many peoples top 3 for Player of The Year last season as well. IMO worth every penny of his £30million.
Fernandinho is the best signing we've made since Aguero.

The one txiki should take least stick for, along with Demichelis (although that was likely a Pellegrini player)

Totally Agree. 100%
Fernandinho was immense for us last season. A bit shaky after the Brazil World Cup disaster - but since mid November he has been one of our best players.

Completely agree. He was Yaya's foil. The reason that Toure was so successful last season (and thus, City were too) was because of the work that Fernandinho put in. People are waxing lyrical (commentators, pundits etc) about Matic this season and yet Fernandinho did exactly the same, if not a more impressive job of it last season. His 30million price tag was based upon his ability to immediately perform to a high level, which he errr clearly achieved. This season, post world cup, he hasn't been as fantastic and that is a shame. Still think he'll reach the same heights once again and we'll be laughing.

New_Beat said:
BlueAnorak said:
NQCitizen said:
Fernandinho is the best signing we've made since Aguero.

The one txiki should take least stick for, along with Demichelis (although that was likely a Pellegrini player)

Totally Agree. 100%
Fernandinho was immense for us last season. A bit shaky after the Brazil World Cup disaster - but since mid November he has been one of our best players.

Completely agree. He was Yaya's foil. The reason that Toure was so successful last season (and thus, City were too) was because of the work that Fernandinho put in. People are waxing lyrical (commentators, pundits etc) about Matic this season and yet Fernandinho did exactly the same, if not a more impressive job of it last season. His 30million price tag was based upon his ability to immediately perform to a high level, which he errr clearly achieved. This season, post world cup, he hasn't been as fantastic and that is a shame. Still think he'll reach the same heights once again and we'll be laughing.
No, he did very well up until December, got injured January and disappeared up until about January this year. Anyway let's keep this thread about Txixi's transfer savviness

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
New_Beat said:
BlueAnorak said:
Totally Agree. 100%

No, he did very well up until December, got injured January and disappeared up until about January this year. Anyway let's keep this thread about Txixi's transfer savviness

This exactly! Most ppl dont read posts.

Anyway point has been lost by most people Tixi is not getting any value for money and at the prices we are paying for players they should be coverted by the likes of Barca,Real Bayern to take us to next level. And have the ability to start every week for those teams.

I dread a summer of paying 40m for unknown Porto players!!!!

Txiki's probably got the Vincent Kompany thread printed out ready for his end of season appraisal with Khaldoon and Soriano.

"See, I told you guys that Mangala would be a great signing. He's even more popular than Vincent Kompany."

Albi11 said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
New_Beat said:

Anyway point has been lost by most people Tixi is not getting any value for money and at the prices we are paying for players they should be coverted by the likes of Barca,Real Bayern to take us to next level. And have the ability to start every week for those teams.

I think this is the problem. It seems that all the expensive players we have recently bought as replacements for players that we have moved on are unable to be slotted in with ease to demonstrate their superiority over their unsuitable predecessors.

For the many millions we pay for these players surely they should be able to at least fit in or in some cases be fit enough to impress ?
The time and understanding that we give them should surely be reserved for our academy players, none of whom have been allowed a fraction of time to impress.

I realise that money has been spent and the buyer wants to justify the purchase but it has been disruptive to our season when our weak links are exploited by most opposition leaving established players spending more time covering for these defensive frailties rather than playing their natural game.
Southampton seem to have sold the heart of their team yet are still able to bring players into the team from their academy that can compete successfully in the PL.

With the benefit of hindsight we would have been no worse off saving money and blooding at least one of the youngsters into the heart of our defence. Maybe we would have had vulnerability there but until we have the correct player that can slot immediately into a position I hope the lesson has been learnt and we make do with what we have got until that perfect player becomes available.
Our own youngsters may surprise us with their ability to improve.

SilverFox2 said:
Albi11 said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:

I think this is the problem. It seems that all the expensive players we have recently bought as replacements for players that we have moved on are unable to be slotted in with ease to demonstrate their superiority over their unsuitable predecessors.

For the many millions we pay for these players surely they should be able to at least fit in or in some cases be fit enough to impress ?
The time and understanding that we give them should surely be reserved for our academy players, none of whom have been allowed a fraction of time to impress.

I realise that money has been spent and the buyer wants to justify the purchase but it has been disruptive to our season when our weak links are exploited by most opposition leaving established players spending more time covering for these defensive frailties rather than playing their natural game.
Southampton seem to have sold the heart of their team yet are still able to bring players into the team from their academy that can compete successfully in the PL.

With the benefit of hindsight we would have been no worse off saving money and blooding at least one of the youngsters into the heart of our defence. Maybe we would have had vulnerability there but until we have the correct player that can slot immediately into a position I hope the lesson has been learnt and we make do with what we have got until that perfect player becomes available.
Our own youngsters may surprise us with their ability to improve.
Well said that man. Couldn't agree more , and this was the vision we were given 3 years ago now and still some argue the matter, we've pissed money up the wall rather than spend it on top quality where needed and we've shown no signs of blooding any youngsters at all

This summer's transfer window is going to be a big one for Begiristain. The squad needs renovating, and his track record has been hit and miss at best since joining the club. It also still seems unclear if we face FFP restrictions again. Time for Txiki to earn his corn.

Ric said:
This summer's transfer window is going to be a big one for Begiristain. The squad needs renovating, and his track record has been hit and miss at best since joining the club. It also still seems unclear if we face FFP restrictions again. Time for Txiki to earn his corn.

Not sure if M.P. has any say in the purchases that Mr B. makes but I guess this may be part of the problem. If Mr P. is told to develop his team around only the players that Mr B. says then there is very little he can do other than try to find the best combination for each game.

However, if he can choose from any of the players, I find it strange that he has given very limited appearances to our younger players.

In a way I suppose M.P. is looking at his personal future and the safer option for him is to stick with the misfiring stars irrespective of the outcome. That way losses are the fault of others and wins mean everyone can take a slice.

Ric said:

I'm trying not to fret but some of the players we've been linked to recently make us look more Spurs or Liverpool level than a top level club. But as its still newspaper talk (except the Barkley thing which seems to have more substance) I'm not panicking too much yet. If the bulk of our signings are on the level of rumoured targets like Barkley, Wilshere, Cresswell and Ljajic, we're heading for a 4th place battle IMO unless our stagnating team spine, that hasn't really been improved since 2011, plays out of its skin. I'm waiting for rumours of players like Pogba and Koke to spring to life but now Pogba is wanted by Chelsea according to Wayne Veysey (not sure where he is working now but used to have a lot of good info) to complete a Matic/Fabregas/Pogba trio. Imagine that vs. Yaya/Barkley.

Ric said:

Txiki has always been hit and miss at buying senior players, even in his Barcelona days.

His hits however are generally huge hits and he understands how to sell players for decent amounts, and how to help shape the Academy. I can't imagine Khaldoon didn't look at his transfer history beforehand and see what he was getting into in regards to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.