Ferran Soriano voted onto European club association board

So we're now.very much in the club. Not sure how I feel about that! I think I preferred being the new kids on the block that no one likes rather than a member of the establishment that no one likes!
I've always invoked the Groucho Marx rule when it comes to club membership,
"I refuse to join any club, that would have me as a member."

Slightly mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, it’s a further sign of us finally being accepted at the top table which will presumably help the club. On the flip side, the ECA are an organisation whose priority seems to be protecting the interests of an elite group of clubs, rather than the game as a whole. Not sure it’s necessarily a cause for celebration as such.
The hunted becomes the hunter.

No suprise, he is as bent as the rest of them, and would squeeze a fan dry for cash.

However he does that for us not against us club wise so all good :-)

Slightly mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, it’s a further sign of us finally being accepted at the top table which will presumably help the club. On the flip side, the ECA are an organisation whose priority seems to be protecting the interests of an elite group of clubs, rather than the game as a whole. Not sure it’s necessarily a cause for celebration as such.
Why as a club should we care about protecting the game as a whole. Name one club who has ever come out in support of us, as the clubs reputation has been dragged through the mud.

Why as a club should we care about protecting the game as a whole. Name one club who has ever come out in support of us, as the clubs reputation has been dragged through the mud.
So better to be another shallow club and circle jerk with the other cunts because no one ever helped or cared about us, or Join say fuck you bayern/jive/madrid etc and be a force for change and and encourage an open ECA there for the good of the game amd not the elite, I would hope we do the latter

The ECA sounds like the type of set up Swales would have loved, any involemment should be to help football as a whole not for self interest

So better to be another shallow club and circle jerk with the other cunts because no one ever helped or cared about us, or Join say fuck you bayern/jive/madrid etc and be a force for change and and encourage an open ECA there for the good of the game amd not the elite, I would hope we do the latter

The ECA sounds like the type of set up Swales would have loved, any involemment should be to help football as a whole not for self interest

Fans can have that! As club though and a business it's dog eat dog clubs have done the dirty on us since the take over! The Grealish sale still irks me we offered the buyout clause and they went around all the clubs to see if one them wanted him! Plus the letter signing to do us! Fuck them!

Do you really think we have joined the big boys club to make the world a better place. I hope we have joined for the benefit of Manchester City. Don't give a shit about any other club, fuck em all.

People who want to help he world should do so in their own time rather than expect City to do so. That said, we are doing plenty through CITC, employing local people and creating work for local companies. If we can help to make European football a fairer place that's a bonus rather than our mission.

People who want to make politics front and centre of their football club don't always have others interests at heart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.