Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything stopping English clubs putting in absurdly high release clauses in players’ contracts like every Spanish and German teams seem do??
It would stop the snivelling Spanish cunts from unsettling our players if we did.

The reason Spanish clubs do it is because of Spanish law. There's no tangible benefit we would get by inserting release clauses for our players.

It has previously argued they are unenforceable here. Like when Suarez supposedly had a 40m clayse, and arsenal offered 40m plus £1, and Liverpool refused it.

Apart from that one example, ive genuinely never heard of a PL player having one.
Didn't Phil the face have one at Blackburn?
Edit yes he did.
Screenshot_20211128_210223_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

I dont think in the case of Grealish it was a release clause in the same way the Spanish ones are. 100m was just something Villa and Grealish had agreed upon.

I believe in Spain, you literally write a cheque and take it to the league office and you can buy the player out of their contract essentially. The other club can't do anything.

Going back a little further we were on the other end of it when Joey Barton went to Newcastle. There was some dispute over the release clause as Newcastle were disputing the fee.
I think Barton's agent wanted £500,000 so in the end Newcastle agreed to add it to the fee as we refused to pay it from out of our own coffers.

It has previously argued they are unenforceable here. Like when Suarez supposedly had a 40m clayse, and arsenal offered 40m plus £1, and Liverpool refused it.

Apart from that one example, ive genuinely never heard of a PL player having one.
Hahaha I'd forgotten about that extra quid Arsenal offered. The Wenger banter era really did peak then didn't it.

They're unenforceable everywhere. Completely contrary to EU law (and the copied over UK law)

France outright bans them. In the Uk it's not an issue because no one uses them.

In Spain, any player who was unhappy could go to court and a judge would put a value on them that was no more than their remaining salary on the contract, but that would take a few months and no one wants to do it.

He's 21 and carries the national team half the time.

We shouldn't be considering letting him go, but if we did imagine the fees we'd have to pay for someone of that ilk - he's comfortably a £60m+ player.
Agree - I think this is driven by the fact we only paid £20m ish.

If he wants out then we can live without him but the fee needs to reflect how good he is - not what we paid. I dont think Barca have the cash anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.