Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Txiki and co came in 9 years ago which was the last time the unmentionables finished above us. My opinion of Txiki & co can have no other point of analysis than the above sentence. Plus they brought Pep so 10/10 for me.

Except. Can someone please tell broke-ass Barca to fuck right off with this media barrage of tapping up our players?

They haven't gone easy on Barca. That stiff Eric Garcia would have been slowly trundling about the Camp Nou a year earlier if they did.

But for fucks sake stop being so respectful to a club that treats ours with zero of it.

They havent got easy on Bartomeu and his staff but Laporta is a different animal he is huge friends with Txiki and co and Pep himself. They all hated Bartomeu as he fucked us with the Messi deal summer of 2020 and then we refused to give them Garcia.

We need to ask a lot for Torres and certainly dont make any favours for Laporta.

They havent got easy on Bartomeu and his staff but Laporta is a different animal he is huge friends with Txiki and co and Pep himself. They all hated Bartomeu as he fucked us with the Messi deal summer of 2020 and then we refused to give them Garcia.

We need to ask a lot for Torres and certainly dont make any favours for Laporta.

Yeah, they didnt like Bartomeu, there was no relationship there, in fact, words were exchanged on occasion.

Did that stop Barcelona playing fuckhead with Garcia the same way they are trying with Torres? Did it fuck. Hence it isn't pep and the catalans and tgeir friendlyness with the cules to point at now Barcelona are doing it again.

It’s a weird situation with Torres because I’m still not sure what type of player he his.

We have far better options out wide than him and when we sign a top class striker he will be further down the pecking order. I’d also like to see Palmer and McAtee given more game time as well.

If we can get £50+ million for him then the club should let him go.

However, knowing Barca and our track record, it will probably be a 3 year loan deal with us paying 50% of his wages and an obligation for Barca to sign him when his contract expires.

Unfortunately the lad is one paced, stiff as a board and doesn't read the play or know how to get himself involved. Similar to Mendy I think we've gone up a level and benefited from him not being available for Pep to select, really is like playing with 10. Palmer has already shown a lot more. Barcelona the ones interested says it all with their last sensible signing circa 2013, shows how crazy transfers are now if a player like this can go for 40m+.

Unfortunately the lad is one paced, stiff as a board and doesn't read the play or know how to get himself involved. Similar to Mendy I think we've gone up a level and benefited from him not being available for Pep to select, really is like playing with 10. Palmer has already shown a lot more. Barcelona the ones interested says it all with their last sensible signing circa 2013, shows how crazy transfers are now if a player like this can go for 40m+.
Agree with you

Remarkably well researched analysis. Really clears up why one of the world's top clubs bought him and why at 21 1/2 years old he has 22 senior Spanish caps and 12 goals in those 22 games. Fortunately there is no evidence whatsoever that Pep believes we have benefitted from his unavailability. I hope Palmer will be one of our greatest players but the lad has only played 87 minutes in the PL, and you say he "has shown a lot more", imo you are not doing Cole any favours with spurious comparisons. If Torres goes, I would prefer to allow our management to decide on the valuation they will accept although maybe you are acting as a Barca talent spotter trying to down play his value with that glowing commendation.

I think his eye for goal has clouded Barca opinion of him, but I agree and he could find himself sat on the bench a lot if we get a real number nine.

I don't want to sound like I'm using Pep speech, but when I watch him he plays without any 'personality.'
I like him a lot but and think he's got the attributes to be a very good player, but 18 months on he looks out of place in the team.
Maybe if he played 10-15 games when he's fit we'd see him become a vital cog.
I think what knocked him was scoring the hat-trick at Newcastle then seeing himself subbed, in the next game, early on at Brighton when Cancelo got sent off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.