Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we get paid. It's irrelevant how we get paid (within reason, not over 100 years for example).

City will put the money through our books however we see fit.

Theoretically we could:
Put the €55m through our books this season.
Sign Haaland for €75m (release clause), spread it across 5 seasons, €15m each season.
Make €40m profit this season (across the 2 deals).

Hard to know if you have any idea what you are talking about but City cannot put the money through their books as they please. This is not a theoretical matter.

They will (have to) book a profit on the disposal of Torres' registration in the current year, which will be the price paid by Barca (excluding potential add-ons) less the written down value (WDV) of his registration.

The fee paid to buy any player's registration will be amortised (written-off) over the length of the player's contract. If a player extends before the end oh the initial contract, the amortisation period extends and the remaining WDV is amortised over the period to the end of the new contract.

If the recoverable value of a player's registration is believed to be lower than its existing WDV, an additional charge to amortisation should be made as an impairment charge.

Good luck to the lad..I thought he looked a good player and he's obviously highly rated in Spain.
Going to Barca is probably a good move for him but I think he's taken a downward step to be truthful.
He's probably a bit homesick and with being injured and not being able to play it must have made it worse for him.
I hope he does well and has a long career

great signing for Barca at this discount price in their current situation (losing Messi, Kun retiring, Ansu Fati constant injury trouble, useless Luuk De Jong as a striker etc.)
we did them them a favour no idea why.

Him saying we are about to sign a big name striker, well isnt that what we were feeding to Kun and Nmecha before we send them away too and all this was based on Charlie Kane promises?

As for Torres I don't give a shit about him. he made no difference to city as a club here. he just came here made no difference to our team and gave us a 100 percent profit that is about it and then fucked off. unlike say Sane he did not contribute anything to us for us to miss him. nevertheless good luck to the lad for being professional.

As for Torres I don't give a shit about him. he made no difference to city as a club here. he just came here made no difference to our team and gave us a 100 percent profit that is about it and then fucked off. unlike say Sane he did not contribute anything to us for us to miss him. nevertheless good luck to the lad for being professional.
You’re a happy happy aren’t you.

Hard to know if you have any idea what you are talking about but City cannot put the money through their books as they please. This is not a theoretical matter.

They will (have to) book a profit on the disposal of Torres' registration in the current year, which will be the price paid by Barca (excluding potential add-ons) less the written down value (WDV) of his registration.

The fee paid to buy any player's registration will be amortised (written-off) over the length of the player's contract. If a player extends before the end oh the initial contract, the amortisation period extends and the remaining WDV is amortised over the period to the end of the new contract.

If the recoverable value of a player's registration is believed to be lower than its existing WDV, an additional charge to amortisation should be made as an impairment charge.

You know more than me, the 'however we please' bit was a bit exaggerated in the sense that I meant this season or next seasons books, not sure which period it will fall under.

The theoretical part was purely for the amortisation of Haaland's transfer fee over the length of a 5 year contract and the 'profit' we would make on a deal like that from this deal alone. Obviously factoring out wages and agent fees etc...Which would eat into that 'profit'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.