Feyenoord(A) - Post Match Thread

Well, we've handsomely beaten the Group's punching bag, so it is clearly a 2 from 3 Group now. With Shaktar getting a good result against Napoli, the next game may be a key game in the Group. A win puts us 3 pts ahead of the next team, regardless of who wins the Napoli - Feyenoord game, and likely needing 4 pts from 4 games to go through.

Good nights work, some rest for key players (although I'd love to see KDB get some rest, especially after seeing Pogba get a hammie!) and laid down a marker for the Group.

I'm sure Pep will not like how messy it got in the last 15-20 mins, but got some time in some legs that needed the minutes, and saved a few legs for the weekend, so can't complain.

Would like to see Bernardo get another start on the weekend, as he needs to gel and stop giving the ball away so easily with flicks. He definitely has all the business, but in this team, he needs to protect the pass a little better.

Great European night...made even better by the fact that Liverpool tied at home, missed a penalty, had a player sent off and Klopp got into it on the sidelines at the end! Meltdown.....?!

Mendy's defending was pretty shite tonight on numerous occasions but it was covered well.

He's a fantastic asset though.
You're second sentence is the important one. I feel that he's on the pitch because what he offers far negates his defensive frailties.

Superb stuff. The new players have fitted in seamlessly and have already taken us onto a new level.... and we're only gonna get better

He's also attacking the danger areas more especially near post tonight.

I think he prefers having another striker on the pitch as well.

He definitely seems to be getting more room with defences splitting their attention between him and Jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.