FIFA 11 [MERGED]

Alright here goes...

Before i do my review i'll explain my history. Generally i end up buying both games. I loved Fifa 09, didn't like Fifa 10, tolerated Fifa World Cup on manual. I haven't really enjoyed a PES since 05 & 06, although i played a fair bit of PES10 on the PC. I play Fifa on Legendary with 10 minute halves, unless i'm playing 'manual' where i knock the difficulty down a level

So...

I bought the game yesterday morning, and to be honest i'm having serious regrets. I've already checked Ebay to see how much copies of Fifa 11 are going for. I'll just break the game down into positives and negatives....

Positives...

• Pitches look very nice

• Some animations look really nice. Noticed some very nice touches that have persuaded me to play the game for a little longer

• Goalkeepers are excellent in comparison to PES

• The crowd noise is a little better. Still not great but there is a hint of an atmosphere

• Commentary is again good in comparison to PES

• Shooting feels quite nice, as does scoring.

• CM mode looks much more professional, although Leighton Baines has just been bought for £13m.

Negatives...

• The game is too fast. Even on slow. Again.

• The pressure is too high. Again.

• There's little player individuality. You can tell the difference between a defender and a skillfull striker, but nearly everyone can turn on a dime.

• There's little team individuality. Yesterday i played 3 pre-season friendlies against Auxerre, QPR and then Hamilton. Each team played pretty much the same - on rails.

• The game is on rails. Much like Fifa 09 and Fifa 10. The pass 'round the corner' is always on and you can just zig-zag your way upfield

• Players feel like they are wearing jet-packs. Sounds odd, but as soon as player become human controlled, the seem to wobble on the spot like they're floating just above the pitch. There doesn't seem to be a connection between the player and pitch, almost like there is no friction whatsoever.

• The ball seems like it is coated in elastic. Very much like the point above, the ball seems to wobble along the pitch. It looks very odd.

• Ai's passing accuracy is ridiculous

• Some instances of passing is very slow. Which is odd.

• The players are too responsive.

• Tackling requires little skill again. You can simply just barge your opponent off the ball.

Final thoughts...

IMO EA are very close to creating a disaster of a football simulation. A combination of the problems are contributing to this.

First of all the game is too fast and the pitch is too congested, because of this and the fact that teams operate with high pressure. The ultra unrealistic responsiveness of the players and the fact that players seem to hover above the pitch also helps to create this problem. There's no inertia between the player and the pitch and for me this is a big problem.

Last season i did a lot of work on Fifa forum to try and help the game with stat editing. It seems the same core problems exist this season. PES has come on leaps and bounds. To the Fifa players it feels robotic, but it helps with the inertia and the player individuality. It also helps with the game speed. Besides, it only really feels that way if you're used to the super responsiveness of Fifa.

Despite this negative review, there is some good in Fifa. I can half see why some people prefer Fifa 11 to PES 11. It has it's plus points. For me they are just outweighed by it's negatives which are big gamebreakers for me. These problem might not bother other people. It's horses for courses and there's no definite answer to which game is better. I just personally know this game isn't for me and i'm pretty disappointed with it.

finally found a City XI that I'm good with, scoring a boatload of goals (finally!). Using a back 4 of Zab (Boateng is gash in this game), Kolo, Lescott, and Kolarov. Yaya as my holding midfielder and Milner as a natural CM, like a Lampard role. AJ on the right, Silva on the left, Tevez slightly off of Balotelli. Working great.

Milner is a beast if played as a CM.

check my Kolarov free kick out :D .... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/39907282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/39907282</a>

The main man is AJ. you have to wait right until the other player is closing him down and then take it to one side because hes brilliant at dribbling.

infact im gunna have another play now until 1am then watch some tele :)

Im starting to like it more and im getting used to using Silva and Aj on the wings and also tevez is great and Balotelli can run his way through a brick wall!

Oh and i got balo to do the tevez celebration haha!

dukiblue said:
check my Kolarov free kick out :D .... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/39907282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/39907282</a>

what a rocket! Let's hope that's a sign of things to come

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.