FIFA delegates getting their cummupence! Blatter GONE today.

Mike Parry has just been on Talksport talking about this. According to him World War III is about to happen as Putin wont be happy if the Russians are stopped from hosting the world cup in 2018. Apparently he will see it as the US getting involved for no reason and this will make him want to fight someone.

What a turd of a man Parry is.

Seems to me that both FIFA and UEFA have based themselves in Switzerland in order to afford themselves of the protection that Switzerland has traditionally provided. Perhaps they saw the recent Swiss Law change that targeted Sports Organisations as the start of their need to control things better relying on the legal system taking time to ramp up its effectiveness ?

Unfortunately for FIFA the April 2015 Law change was the last piece of the jigsaw that allowed others with years of evidence to move quickly.

I am undecided what Blatter is likely to do, he seems hard wired to ignore others showing signs of extreme megalomania so the reality of recent events will be strange to him.
Perhaps he will still feel invincible and insist on having his ''Coronation'' with its original timeline. Maybe he will listen to his Swiss legal team and take their advice whatever it is. Maybe he has realised his position is untenable and he has already cooperated with FBI in return for non prosecution.

No doubt all will be revealed. As others have mentioned it is interesting to watch it develop together with the demise of FFP1 we have had quite a few weeks of change.

Totally agree about the brazen attitude most FIFA officials probably have/had. Added note, the Daily News article added that the FBI would have not just wiretaps but also taped conversations in which Blazer was involved. My biggest concern is that some offenses will be nonpunishable in US courts and that the relevant jurisdictions will be unable or more likely unwilling to prosecute FIFA officials.

I think if any of the transactions were in dollars the USA can prosecute, also if any of the banks used had any US ownership, one of our resident Yanks may be able to clarify though.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but there is an excellent book on FIFA's illegal activities entitled "Omerta", after the code of silence enforced by the Mafia. The FBI have for some time been investigating FIFA as part of the organised crime "scene". Blatter has avoided visiting the USA for more than four years, presumably because he fears being hauled in for questioning. The FBI then made a break through a couple of years ago when it acquired what is apparently known in the business as "a singing bird", an insider who turns informant. He gave them details of individuals and, perhaps more importantly, account numbers and details of transactions. Yesterday, in addition to the arrests, computers and documents were seized at FIFA headquarters. The Americans are so concerned about FIFA, I think, because North and Central America does seem to be prominent in the levels of corruption evident, but also because the dollar is the currency used in such deals and the American authorities are very sensitive on the matter of dollar crime. It's clear that the Americans have kicked the Swiss into action and it could be a sign of incresing American irritability with the Swiss because the Americans have recently bullied them into giving details of accounts in Swiss banks held by Americans to avoid US tax. I think for football we should be grateful that the Americans have taken action against FIFA, a body which has degenerated into a self-serving bunch of gangsters prepared to ruin football for their personal gain. The only answer I can see is that FIFA is wound up as too corrupt ever to be reformed, everyone involved in it or any other of the governing affiliates such as UEFA is considered unsuitable for office and we start again with a new body concerning itself with tournaments and not trying to make ridiculous demands about stadia, facilities and any of the matters that led it to provoke anti-world cup riots in one of the most football mad countries on earth.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOPE THE FUCKERS ROT IN JAIL!

God Bless America but wtf has Europe been doing whilst all this shit has been going on.

Does anyone know if there is a fans movement to email,tweet these sponsors to put pressure to get Twatter and his cronies out?

If not Europe should fcuk off and start again,rest of the world will follow.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but there is an excellent book on FIFA's illegal activities entitled "Omerta", after the code of silence enforced by the Mafia. The FBI have for some time been investigating FIFA as part of the organised crime "scene". Blatter has avoided visiting the USA for more than four years, presumably because he fears being hauled in for questioning. The FBI then made a break through a couple of years ago when it acquired what is apparently known in the business as "a singing bird", an insider who turns informant. He gave them details of individuals and, perhaps more importantly, account numbers and details of transactions. Yesterday, in addition to the arrests, computers and documents were seized at FIFA headquarters. The Americans are so concerned about FIFA, I think, because North and Central America does seem to be prominent in the levels of corruption evident, but also because the dollar is the currency used in such deals and the American authorities are very sensitive on the matter of dollar crime. It's clear that the Americans have kicked the Swiss into action and it could be a sign of incresing American irritability with the Swiss because the Americans have recently bullied them into giving details of accounts in Swiss banks held by Americans to avoid US tax. I think for football we should be grateful that the Americans have taken action against FIFA, a body which has degenerated into a self-serving bunch of gangsters prepared to ruin football for their personal gain. The only answer I can see is that FIFA is wound up as too corrupt ever to be reformed, everyone involved in it or any other of the governing affiliates such as UEFA is considered unsuitable for office and we start again with a new body concerning itself with tournaments and not trying to make ridiculous demands about stadia, facilities and any of the matters that led it to provoke anti-world cup riots in one of the most football mad countries on earth.

I read a book a few years ago which went back to Havelange and Blatters take over....I got so pissed off reading it I had to put it down and never finished.All that money pissed away in bribes etc that could have gone to grass roots around the world.

Mike Parry has just been on Talksport talking about this. According to him World War III is about to happen as Putin wont be happy if the Russians are stopped from hosting the world cup in 2018. Apparently he will see it as the US getting involved for no reason and this will make him want to fight someone.

What a turd of a man Parry is.
I think a Nelsonian eye will be turned towards 2018 for reasons of expediency and international relations. Don't want to make the Russian Bear too angry.

In any event, of all the World Cups that have been held in Europe, none have been in the eastern part of the continent. That is something which needed addressing in terms of the outcome for 2018 imo, not least because Russia in the preeminent country in that region. The same could not be said about Quatar, the circumstances around their bid being significantly more egregious. If a middle eastern country is to get the World Cup I'd like to see Iran get it. It is ideal in terms of population and demographic plus it would provide an opportunity for that country to re engage with the wider world. I also think a big opportunity for the game was missed in not granting 2022 to Australia - as well as the USA. Another World Cup in the States could and probably would place football alongside their indigenous sports in terms of popularity within a decade of its occurrence.

FIFA should definitely be disbanded as soon as is practicable. It is too stricken to recover.

i think FIFA will just crumble now, one massive gravy train which has lined the pockets of hundreds over the last twenty odd years, i expect FIFA to get a vote of no confidence and Blatter to disappear into the night only to emerge for his court appearance with his walking sticks as he rally's up support for the frail unwell old man trick, others will vanish for good along with there cash to places where they cant be extradited from but finally all this has now come to an abrupt end, if the organisation remains as FIFA or is renamed is another thing but this will certainly end the corruption

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.