FIFA delegates getting their cummupence! Blatter GONE today.

I feel like Twatter may actually resign. He may have once been made of teflon but surely even he won't be able to just limp on in the middle of this almighty shit storm. It is beyond WTF!

He's the Robert Mugabi of football. Don't put anything past this guy.

CGCtB2zUMAEFXWY.jpg

Like someone else said it's like Comical Ali.

Somehow, that most virtuous of people Mark Palios is offering his opinion. Well, that makes it OK then. You can't take a bribe but you can shag your secretary.

Reading that back, actually that sounds fine by me.

I know it's fun to say that FBI went after FIFA because the US didn't get the World Cup in 2022. But, I don't really think that is the case. If this article is correct, Blazer was made a FBI informant after Jack Warner sent the IRS onto Blazer for failure to pay taxes in the US. Warner wanted to screw over Blazer for turning him in to FIFA over the $40,00 envlopes of cash dispensed to CONCACAF officials to vote for Bin Hammam. Blazer then cut a deal with the FBI/IRS, and this is the first round of prosecutions from the information obtained from using Blazer as a informant. I would say that it was widely believed that FIFA was corrupt as hell, and that once the FBI and IRS had a willing informant, they did there damnedest to get every one of these criminals. Hopefully, the stuff seized today at the various offices and turning a couple of the officials will be enough to convict the rest of this scum.

That big flag thing they have shaking in the circle. That's Fifa's arsholes tonight.

I hope they do time

I know it's fun to say that FBI went after FIFA because the US didn't get the World Cup in 2022. But, I don't really think that is the case. If this article is correct, Blazer was made a FBI informant after Jack Warner sent the IRS onto Blazer for failure to pay taxes in the US. Warner wanted to screw over Blazer for turning him in to FIFA over the $40,00 envlopes of cash dispensed to CONCACAF officials to vote for Bin Hammam. Blazer then cut a deal with the FBI/IRS, and this is the first round of prosecutions from the information obtained from using Blazer as a informant. I would say that it was widely believed that FIFA was corrupt as hell, and that once the FBI and IRS had a willing informant, they did there damnedest to get every one of these criminals. Hopefully, the stuff seized today at the various offices and turning a couple of the officials will be enough to convict the rest of this scum.

Agreed. And the FBI has to have wiretaps, hundreds of them, and good ones, with incriminating evidence. They simply do not move with this force and power unless they got their i's dotted and t's crossed. I will bet money these guys were so used to a culture of bribery and corruption that a good number of those indicted have been both excessively brazen and excessively sloppy after years of not getting caught nor questioned.

Agreed. And the FBI has to have wiretaps, hundreds of them, and good ones, with incriminating evidence. They simply do not move with this force and power unless they got their i's dotted and t's crossed. I will bet money these guys were so used to a culture of bribery and corruption that a good number of those indicted have been both excessively brazen and excessively sloppy after years of not getting caught nor questioned.
Totally agree about the brazen attitude most FIFA officials probably have/had. Added note, the Daily News article added that the FBI would have not just wiretaps but also taped conversations in which Blazer was involved. My biggest concern is that some offenses will be nonpunishable in US courts and that the relevant jurisdictions will be unable or more likely unwilling to prosecute FIFA officials.

Totally agree about the brazen attitude most FIFA officials probably have/had. Added note, the Daily News article added that the FBI would have not just wiretaps but also taped conversations in which Blazer was involved. My biggest concern is that some offenses will be nonpunishable in US courts and that the relevant jurisdictions will be unable or more likely unwilling to prosecute FIFA officials.
I dunno. The USA are usually pretty good at putting pressure on smaller countries to comply. And a lot of these officials are from smaller countries, because they're easier to pay off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.