FIFA investigation: No transfer ban

Accused by who?

Random people the media decides to give a platform to give an opinion

In this case , Dan Chapman, head of the sports and employment teams at Leathes Prior as per the article

a lawyer and agent who has represented schoolboy players being pursued by clubs in the world’s richest league.

Bayern,Tebas,dippers,rags to start with,on 2nd thoughts Tebas i reckon,he was saying last week that sanctions have not been tough enough so far,a shameless plea to get us done over,oh well he might have more luck with the UEFA one

No, they mean Dan Chapman, one agent/lawyer. That’s what I was asking, what the article was based on (I was hoping someone else would tell me to save me clicking on the link!).

Random people the media decides to give a platform to give an opinion

In this case , Dan Chapman, head of the sports and employment teams at Leathes Prior as per the article

a lawyer and agent who has represented schoolboy players being pursued by clubs in the world’s richest league.

Thank you

There are a couple of other reasons to spin it.

First is laziness. Actually investigating the reasons for the difference between our and Chelsea's punishment might require up to 4 or 5 minutes of extra research. It's telling that it was exclusively fans who revealed the reason for the difference, not journalists. All most journalists do is copy and paste FIFA's statement, chop it up a bit, and write maybe 50 of their own words to turn it into an "article," then think of a provocative headline that will get the most clicks.

Which is the second reason to spin it. An article clearing the whole thing up will get shared and fairly quickly shut down discussion. A headline designed to rile up other fans will get shared and shared by fans who all genuinely don't understand that there's a difference between ours and Chelsea's offence.

Sorry, but there are very few genuine journalists nowadays, especially in the less important areas like sports.

Nah, I prefer my take on it.

The transfer ban was FIFA,UEFA can ban us from the CL

I know this case was dealt with by FIFA and I was under the impression that they were the only one with the power to impose a transfer ban, just read something on line that says that EUFA could issue transfer bans but I don't think they can.

UEFA CAN implement fines, expulsion from their competitions & a transfer ban on City.

HOWEVER, the transfer ban only covers UEFA competitions, not the Premier League. I could live with that if forced to.

How would that work, does that mean if we signed a player he would not be allowed to play in the UEFA comps but would be allowed to play in the Premier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.