FIFA/UEFA Investigations

They will only go down if they drag each other down.

Being located in Switzerland puts them beyond the reach of the US / EU legal systems so the only possible way that light will be shed on the murky internal dealings is if they bring it out themselves. Court cases in the US will be interesting but they can only cover the dealings that affect the US. It’s what went on in Zurich that counts.

No it doesn't.

To clarify my comment. Crimes committed in Switzerland that do not affect anyone in the USA can not be prosecuted in the US. The US can go after them re the world cup bid but not the general corruption in FIFA.

To clarify my comment. Crimes committed in Switzerland that do not affect anyone in the USA can not be prosecuted in the US. The US can go after them re the world cup bid but not the general corruption in FIFA.

If they've used US currency or banks at any stage then they can.

So why is Blatter admitting Russia was chosen without a vote, and the FIFA executive also agreed to give the 2022 WC to the USA?
Could it be because he has taken all the stick for Qatar 2022 even though he favoured the USA? Or perhaps he wants a better deal from the US investigators and believes he can get this by showing he supported the US bid. I'm not suggesting the heavy action by the FBI is a result of them losing; obviously.

Lol so Blatter pretty much has said, it wasn't his fault for Qatar being awarded the WC and it was the French. It's funny because it was the Russian media which let this news out to the world, about 2018/2022 bids. How ironic.

Also the 2022 World cup was already "fixed" for USA. Wonder what this means? Did USA bribe for this?

If UEFA had any morality and backbone, (I know, I know) they would announce that none of their members will participate in the 2022 World Cup. Neither will seasons be adjusted to suit it. Any club releasing players to take part in any qualifications or the finals will be suspended from taking part in European competitions for 10 years.

I would go even further and announce a 2022 World Championship to be run in the summer featuring all the nations that boycott the Quatar nonsense. Sponsorship from FIFA sponsors will be banned (opening the door to Pepsi et al).

It is time FIFA was destroyed if it refuses to reform.

Personally I don't give a flying frack about the development of football in institutionally corrupt countries being hurt.

Neither do I give a damn about the international participation of the dozens of crappy no hope countries. If England and other real football powers never had to play San Marino and their ilk ever again that would suit me fine.

Surely the US will sue FIFA now for their failed WC bid which in turns opens the doors to all and sundry to sue them.

He said this started because the UK and USA was bad losers - to lose Implies a competition which there wasn't if it was already decided!

I'm not expert but even to me that seems like a massive hole he's just dug himself!

Surely the US will sue FIFA now for their failed WC bid which in turns opens the doors to all and sundry to sue them.

He said this started because the UK and USA was bad losers - to lose Implies a competition which there wasn't if it was already decided!

I'm not expert but even to me that seems like a massive hole he's just dug himself!

And risk their own bribe attempts coming out in court, no chance, it would make the whole investigation look like a sham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.