FIFA World rankings?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
maccadon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its truly terrifying. Its obvious he is Scottish, Irish or Welsh and uses hatred as an irrational basis of ranking and if he is English he needs weaning off LSD and crack because that list is quite frankly absurd

explain ? no hatred at all.just my opinion.

Yes but your opinion is based on no fact at all.

Romania - seriously!
Czech Republic - Are gash and shocked themselves getting out of the group in Euro's
Ivory Coast -Some Good players (1 Great) but they are really quite poor
Belgium - See above
Cameroon - Not in the last 15 years
Greece - What??
Denmark - They are okay, better than England? No
France - Maybe not really better than England though

The rest i would give you but i still think we could beat Argentina, Italy and Portugal in a game
Germany would kill us

-- Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:00 pm --

maccadon said:
doesn't explain my apparent hatred.

greece have won the euros in recent years for starters.

recent years being 8 years ago

I was still a teenager when they won the Euros mate

england won it when ? infact last major tournament win or even final ?

maccadon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
maccadon said:
explain ? no hatred at all.just my opinion.

Romania - seriously!
Czech Republic - Are gash and shocked themselves getting out of the group in Euro's
Belgium - See above
Greece - What??

The rest i would give you but i still think we could beat Argentina, Italy and Portugal in a game
Germany would kill us

maccadon said:
doesn't explain my apparent hatred.

greece have won the euros in recent years for starters.

1966 which is about as useful as boring the world to death and somehow winning a tournament 8 years ago not progressing losing every game in said defense of title.
Portsmouth won the FA cup a few years back therefore they are better than Arsenal in your warped visions then
Inafact England should be in the top 10 because we won a trophy once

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Chile exited the world cup at the same point as us

Yes but they were in a group with Spain and Switzelrand and played well against Spain and caused them a lot of problems(one of the only 2 teams to score against Spain at that World Cup)

England on the other hand got beat by the USA, drew with Algeria and scraped through a 1-0 with Slovenia.

Both teams then played Germany and Brazil and both were comprehensively beaten but since then Chile have improved and I wouldn't say England have, they've just adapted to defensive football which in today's world of football, is quite disappointing.

To use Chelsea as an example, I am happier than we won the Premier League with beautiful football than winning the Champions League with negative football. People look at beautiful teams with a positive note, you won't find anyone who will tell you Chelsea are a better team than Barca and if England beat Italy, no one would have said England were a better team than them.

But I believe there is hope for England but it requires someone who is willing to take risks, there are some talented young footballers in England; Sturridge, Wilshere, Johnson, Walker, Hart, Richards, Ox-Chamberlain and Walcott; If a manager can come in and blend these exciting young players with some hearty experienced players like Gerrard, Lescott and Terry then England have the makings of a good team, it just requires a bit of risk and I hope to god Hodgson takes this in but I don't think he will. There is some sort of irrational loyalty to the big name players when they have never ever warranted it for England, you can assure yourself that had Pirlo, Cassano, Schweingstiger, Robben, Iniesta, etc. had relatively shit seasons then they would not have been on that plane to Poland/Ukraine but with England; the Rooneys, Terrys and Lampards of English football will always have a spot in these tournaments however unwarranted it is. Rooney was a fucking passenger this whole tournament and Young and Parker were nothing short of disastrous, until someone has the balls to tell these players they won't get a place until they play for it, England will never get anywhere.

Jackson-ctid said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yes but they were in a group with Spain and Switzelrand and played well against Spain and caused them a lot of problems(one of the only 2 teams to score against Spain at that World Cup)

England on the other hand got beat by the USA, drew with Algeria and scraped through a 1-0 with Slovenia.

Both teams then played Germany and Brazil and both were comprehensively beaten but since then Chile have improved and I wouldn't say England have, they've just adapted to defensive football which in today's world of football, is quite disappointing.

To use Chelsea as an example, I am happier than we won the Premier League with beautiful football than winning the Champions League with negative football. People look at beautiful teams with a positive note, you won't find anyone who will tell you Chelsea are a better team than Barca and if England beat Italy, no one would have said England were a better team than them.

But I believe there is hope for England but it requires someone who is willing to take risks, there are some talented young footballers in England; Sturridge, Wilshere, Johnson, Walker, Hart, Richards, Ox-Chamberlain and Walcott; If a manager can come in and blend these exciting young players with some hearty experienced players like Gerrard, Lescott and Terry then England have the makings of a good team, it just requires a bit of risk and I hope to god Hodgson takes this in but I don't think he will. There is some sort of irrational loyalty to the big name players when they have never ever warranted it for England, you can assure yourself that had Pirlo, Cassano, Schweingstiger, Robben, Iniesta, etc. had relatively shit seasons then they would not have been on that plane to Poland/Ukraine but with England; the Rooneys, Terrys and Lampards of English football will always have a spot in these tournaments however unwarranted it is. Rooney was a fucking passenger this whole tournament and Young and Parker were nothing short of disastrous, until someone has the balls to tell these players they won't get a place until they play for it, England will never get anywhere.

USA didn't beat England in the WC, Just to clear that up for you.
England have only played negative football really since Hodgson came in and i think that was more to do with only having enough time to make us hard to beat rather than good to watch. The old guard i think will finally be leaving the team. The problem is when people talk about rankings they start bringing up all these random points that have nothing to do with rankings.
Rankings are and always will be a result rated business just like in every other ranking system in the world of every other sport.
No one goes ah well Vettel won but Hamilton drove better so really he won

BoyBlue_1985 said:
maccadon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Romania - seriously!
Belgium - See above
Greece - What??

Germany would kill us

1966 which is about as useful as boring the world to death and somehow winning a tournament 8 years ago not progressing losing every game in said defense of title.
Portsmouth won the FA cup a few years back therefore they are better than Arsenal in your warped visions then

cant see how you can compare national and club football in my logic.so no portsmouth aint as good as arsenal.how many of my picks have won/finalists of major tournaments since 66 ? still not explained my hatred though ?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Jackson-ctid said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

England have only played negative football really since Hodgson came in and i think that was more to do with only having enough time to make us hard to beat rather than good to watch. The old guard i think will finally be leaving the team. The problem is when people talk about rankings they start bringing up all these random points that have nothing to do with rankings.
Rankings are and always will be a result rated business just like in every other ranking system in the world of every other sport.

Yeah I'm not debating that the Rankings are wrong, of course they aren't but statistics aren't the be all and end all of everything. In my real life estimation, I would place England between 8th and 12th.

Jackson-ctid said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Jackson-ctid said:

Yeah I'm not debating that the Rankings are wrong, of course they aren't but statistics aren't the be all and end all of everything. In my real life estimation, I would place England between 8th and 12th.

In all honesty so would I just below Cameroon, lol
No i reckon 8th to 10th is a fair estimation<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
maccadon said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
maccadon said:

cant see how you can compare national and club football in my logic.so no portsmouth aint as good as arsenal.how many of my picks have won/finalists of major tournaments since 66 ? still not explained my hatred though ?

This impossible mate you have moved the goalposts so many times it feels like im playing golf

maccadon said:
not fishing ?

crack_pipe.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.