Fighting other schools

2010. No wonder I don't remember. I buggered off in 78

Its been going on since the 60's mate. Was absolute bedlam on there at times. It was a graveyard for stolen cars when it was all the rage to pinch them for pleasure. All sorts went on, on there.

Its been going on since the 60's mate. Was absolute bedlam on there at times. It was a graveyard for stolen cars when it was all the rage to pinch them for pleasure. All sorts went on, on there.

We used to chase each other up and down rose hey lane and Hulmes rd. Getting too close to Graver lane could result in a Newton Heath, Clayton, Failsworth clusterfuck.
Failsworth and Newton Heath would usually meet up around Props hall drive/Averill street.

Went to Siddal Moor in Heywood early 80's and it was always Sutherland Hig we went toe to toe with and not so much St Josephs.

I spent the entire 4th and 5th year seemingly in a fight with Suthy's cock, Scott Wright.
It changed after you left; it got to the point where we (Joeys) changed our start and finish time to avoid the inevitable clashes with Siddall Moor at Pot Hall bridge

Now I know this is not schools but it does revolve around youths fighting each other. Does anyone on here remember the Clayton Wars, or if you were from Clayton, the raids?

Now this went on for decades with Newton Heath fighting Clayton on the vale. We are talking hundreds on each side, all fighting over a bridge. It had drugs, alcohol, one on ones, metal bars getting chucked at each other, hero's on motorbikes, stolen cars ragged across the vale and ultimately burnt out, dicing with your life on a train track, the vale getting torched and then police chases.

This seriously went on for years. Seems mad walking around the vale as it is now a peaceful and nice place. But every summer there used to be madness on there.

One day I will write a novel based on it.

Got a mate from Droylsden who told me about this shit, had me crying laughing.

I had mates that went to both Monica's and Parenthorne. Went to Holy Cross 6th form and so many of them one part of the common room was called 'the Monica's corner' of which I was part of even tho i never went to Monica's. Still my best mates to this day. Good times.

I went to Monica’s when it was still St. Peter’s. Remember quite a few dust-ups with Parrenthorn. The most mental one though was with Heys Road who came down lobbing bricks into the playground early 80s.

We used to chase each other up and down rose hey lane and Hulmes rd. Getting too close to Graver lane could result in a Newton Heath, Clayton, Failsworth clusterfuck.
Failsworth and Newton Heath would usually meet up around Props hall drive/Averill street.

I remember it used to turn into a ruck Brookdale park park in 80s between Newton Heath and Failsworth. Was only a young whipper snapper at the time, when you saw them all gathering it was time to stop playing football in the park and go home.

Poundswick

I remember the best rows we had were with South Wythenshawe. At the start of my first year at the upper school, south wivvy main man came to fight the cock of Poundswick in park opposite, fuck me there was blood and teeth everywhere. Docs and patch pockets, thems were the days.

I remember the best rows we had were with South Wythenshawe. At the start of my first year at the upper school, south wivvy main man came to fight the cock of Poundswick in park opposite, fuck me there was blood and teeth everywhere. Docs and patch pockets, thems were the days.

The happyman park we used to call it

Kicked off one time between Moseley Hall and Hulme Hall in Cheadle Hulme in the late 70’s.
An older lad from Moseley called Bill Grundy decided it would be a good idea to use his steelies to massage another lads temples
Putting him in a coma.

Bill lived on my street. His Mum confiscated the said boots and hid them in a shallow grave in a den on the back field.
I know, cos I found em.

ZaEVWLin.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.