Fighting your demons - When life holds a gun to your head...

What do you do when the shit hits the fan? - simple, you clean the fan and try to get on with it as best you can.

Take me for example. Two years ago, my mother in law died of brain/lung cancer after a 2 year battle. My wife, her daughter, was as devastated as the rest of her family and struggled to cope.

Last year,we went to France on holiday to come back in time for the anniversary of her mum's death. The day before we were due to come home, she said "George, I'm going to faint", and collapsed into my arms. She was dead before she hit the floor. The girls came over that day, and we somehow drove home when I'd sorted out the legalities.

At the end of April this year, my mum died in hospital.

I came back from Lanzarote last night, having paid for a weeks holiday for the 3 of us, to try and get a break from it all.

This morning, I went downstairs and the goldfish was dead! (Seriously!!)

The only thing you can do to cope is get through it as best you can. I can't offer any advice other than that, because I'm still struggling to come to terms with it myself, but you've got to believe that there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I still can't see it yet.

support your dad, he needs all your help.try and build a more bonded relationship... be mates!(call opon relatives and have organised get togethers)

you cant blame your mum,this is only between your parents and not for you to decide. although i think you should make a point of her new sh*t friends to her and tell her how you feel.

make sure you take care of yourself mate,do what you gotta do to keep you going!!!

as for work, don t sweat it- just soldier on.... as for the future career good luck with that too.... teaching is the better option ;)

remember you can always find us here blue!!!! stay cool ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.