Films people think are 'cool' to like (which are a bit poo)

This thread should be renamed.

'Which films out there, that have been either critically successful or a smash at the box office, do you just not happen to like as much as other people do?' This would then at least open up some discussion on why some people didn't like the films they've mentioned, rather than just saying "No, it's shit, overated, pretentious crap". I've even seen someone say Lost in Translation was a 'pretentious piece of crap' or something to that effect. How the hell is that film pretentious?

MCFC BOB said:

'Which films out there, that have been either critically successful or a smash at the box office, do you just not happen to like as much as other people do?' This would then at least open up some discussion on why some people didn't like the films they've mentioned, rather than just saying "No, it's shit, overated, pretentious crap". I've even seen someone say Lost in Translation was a 'pretentious piece of crap' or something to that effect. How the hell is that film pretentious?
summed up perfectly bob, dots cap.

des hardi said:
MCFC BOB said:

summed up perfectly bob, dots cap.
Er; quick question. Just how do you ''dot a cap''? I've heard of ''I''s being dotted. And indeed I've heard of caps being doffed. But you've got me with the cap dotting malarkey.

Never liked the Godfather movies and feel some younger folk only like it for the coolness as pointed out in the thread title.

I can't believe people have mentioned Star Wars or Shawshank.

The wifes watching the Horse Whisperer at the moment, what a bag of shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should have just shot the fucking thing.

Banned Tosspot said:
Never liked the Godfather movies and feel some younger folk only like it for the coolness as pointed out in the thread title.

I can't believe people have mentioned Star Wars or Shawshank.

Something we agree on.

Wasn't a big fan of Kill Bill either. Everyone raves about it and follows a trend, but I just can't for the life of me like it.

Evil Dead 2 - Everyone loves the second one too, a real let down for me

Inception - Seems like another Matrix rip off. The rage reviews about it and stuff. I thought it was very average

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.