Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

Don't worry your secret is safe on Bluemoon
images

I wouldn't say 1917 was rubbish but it was certainly a bridge too far. Drawn out and heavily bloated with a smidgen of much too do about nothing. The likely lads received their mission from the head honcho and then spent twenty minutes waddling along the trench to find a safe spot to go over the top.. We Made two Tassimo Cadbury hot chocolates and a brace of Tesco seeded toast with l'orange marmalade before they were even ready to face mortal combat. If we had a dog we could probably have walked that too in the time frame allotted.

Then, after a few barrel rolls and a tat au tat with a french-trench rat that fell over a bloody trip wire, we ended up in a deserted village with isolated barn houses and a brace of ducks. Then had to wait another ten minutes for them to pap about male bonding, get milk from a cow and then get their breath back before that splendidly fought dog fight that blew the miserable son of a woman Hun from out of that sky. Spiraling out of control unto a certain death, the dapper duo did the right thing by freeing the Boshe from flame and fire only for him to gargle momentarily inwardly and then then grozz on his heroic hosts by stabbing one of them up in a fatally compromised manner. I wont say if he died or not as that would ruin the film.

I could have told them that Huns can't be trusted, as we suffered previously from hospitality in Dortmund when they served us both burgers that weren't even cooked .. who even eats raw burger? Anyway our hero trots on through field and fare to reach his objective of calling off the attack. But don't hold your breath as we have yet to traverse down more boggy fields, tree lines and rivers before the deed can be done. One scene has our intrepid hero floating down a river for an eternity before he can thrash his way safely back to shore.

Anyway, he finally stumbles across the lads he needs to speak to @ number 2 battalion but before he can tell them to stop the attack one of them cracks into an eerily directorial song concerning the square root of fook all, warbling hauntingly into dawns air with dry ice rising upward, casting incandescent shadow though foliage green. After ten more minutes the oddity finally stops his noise, affording our intrepid hero the opportunity to run off and complete the mission, but spends another 20 minutes wobbling down a trench before reaching the commanding officer to give orders to Cease Hostility! We both died thrice over during this Film Noir with undulating boredome and I may never forgive that Sam Mendes for wasting 2 hours of our life with his over hyped effort. That is all.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.