Finally, the football journalists begin to earn their money

m27 said:
Xavvi said:
This journalist doesn't deserve to be boycotted because he agrees with me.

Seriously, are you people the thought police? Are you what Orwell went on about?

You're an intelligent man, and a journalist I believe, so tell me why we couldn't find any of these articles yesterday and why not one of these journalists could be heard within the poisonous atmosphere of THAT press conference.

Those journalists yesterday wanted to cause a stir and embarrass our club. What's changed in 24 hours?

Why do you think I'm a journalist, mate? I hate the media with an absolute passion though I have friends who are journalists. And they are good people.

Nothing has changed in the last 24 hours. Those wanting to embarrass the club still want to embarrass the club. Those who want to bully Mancini still want to bully Mancini. However, the writer of this particular article was not at the press conference I don't imagine. Some people believe, or seem to believe, that one article in a red top represents the view of every journalist around the country.

Xavvi said:
m27 said:
You're an intelligent man, and a journalist I believe, so tell me why we couldn't find any of these articles yesterday and why not one of these journalists could be heard within the poisonous atmosphere of THAT press conference.

Those journalists yesterday wanted to cause a stir and embarrass our club. What's changed in 24 hours?

Why do you think I'm a journalist, mate? I hate the media with an absolute passion though I have friends who are journalists. And they are good people.

Nothing has changed in the last 24 hours. Those wanting to embarrass the club still want to embarrass the club. Those who want to bully Mancini still want to bully Mancini. However, the writer of this particular article was not at the press conference I don't imagine. Some people believe, or seem to believe, that one article in a red top represents the view of every journalist around the country.

...because of a post you made earlier today. I won't link it because I could well be wrong. We'll see.

Ok, I accept this journalist was not at the press conference but why weren't his thoughts put alongside Henry Winter's in today's paper to add some balance to the sports sections which were trying to make Mancini look daft and trying to make Cook look dafter than he actually is.

Were your mates at Mourinho's first press conference? Did they ask about Abramovic and what sort of a person he was like Winter did re: our owners yesterday? Did they ask about a relatively obscure Premiership player like Winter did yesterday? No??? Why ever not.

Xavvi said:
m27 said:

Like I said, we'll see.

m27 said:
Xavvi said:

...because of a post you made earlier today. I won't link it because I could well be wrong. We'll see.

Ok, I accept this journalist was not at the press conference but why weren't his thoughts put alongside Henry Winter's in today's paper to add some balance to the sports sections which were trying to make Mancini look daft and trying to make Cook look dafter than he actually is.

Were your mates at Mourinho's first press conference? Did they ask about Abramovic and what sort of a person he was like Winter did re: our owners yesterday? Did they ask about a relatively obscure Premiership player like Winter did yesterday? No??? Why ever not.

Please PM me this post, I'd like to see what makes you think I'm a journalist very much. I've been unemployed for a while and have no experience in the newsmedia.

Anyway. Maybe this article didn't appear next to Henry Winter's because it was written after and will appear in tomorrow's paper? I'm just guessing though.

My friends aren't sports journalists, so no, neither were at Mourinho's unveiling. Both write about culture or entertainment. But I see your point. The hiring of Mourinho was different to that of Mancini and a lot of people here asked similar questions to the ones that were asked on the spot. Not defending the low lives though.

Xavvi said:
m27 said:

Please PM me this post, I'd like to see what makes you think I'm a journalist very much. I've been unemployed for a while and have no experience in the newsmedia.

Anyway. Maybe this article didn't appear next to Henry Winter's because it was written after and will appear in tomorrow's paper? I'm just guessing though.

My friends aren't sports journalists, so no, neither were at Mourinho's unveiling. Both write about culture or entertainment. But I see your point. The hiring of Mourinho was different to that of Mancini and a lot of people here asked similar questions to the ones that were asked on the spot. Not defending the low lives though.

Why was the hiring of Mancini different to that of Mourinho? Ranieri was as much as a gentleman as Hughes but, most importantly, Ranieri managed to achieve a lot more at Chelsea than Hughes did at City. Furthermore, Ranieri's dismissal was long and lingering.....do you not think his was a more painful dismissal? I do.

Xavvi said:
m27 said:

No industry jargon please.

m27 said:
Xavvi said:

Why was the hiring of Mancini different to that of Mourinho? Ranieri was as much as a gentleman as Hughes but, most importantly, Ranieri managed to achieve a lot more at Chelsea than Hughes did at City. Furthermore, Ranieri's dismissal was long and lingering.....do you not think his was a more painful dismissal? I do.

Mourinho was hired long after Ranieri went and never overlooked the demise of his predecessor at a match. Therefore it could, rightly or wrongly, be seen as more dignified. A la Guus Hiddink.

And again, please post or PM me the post you mentioned earlier, mate. I'm interested now haha.

m27 said:
Xavvi said:

Mourinho was hired long after Ranieri went and never overlooked the demise of his predecessor at a match. Therefore it could, rightly or wrongly, be seen as more dignified. A la Guus Hiddink.

And again, please post or PM me the post you mentioned earlier, mate. I'm interested now haha.

m27 said:
Xavvi said:

No industry jargon please.

How is that term 'industry jargon'?

Xavvi said:
m27 said:

Jees, how many jurno MATES do you have? :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.