Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Prestwich_Blue said:
City Raider said:
The timing of the announcement of utds latest sponsorship deal is a little odd, with the final vote on fair play taking place this week I think.

Surely any owners who are unsure can now see there is only one direction this is going in.
The thing is that most owners will have balanced the chance of being bought out by a billionaire against the ability to keep most of the vastly increased TV income from next season onwards to either pay down their clubs' debts or go into their own pockets.

To put the question another way, if you were in debt and your boss offered you a huge rise but only on condition that you didn't put any money on the lottery would you say "Stuff that, I might win the Euromillions next week" or take the bird in the hand?

But the reality is this won't help them in any way. It will just make the gap bewtween the top 4 larger. And any shot of a Newcastle etc.. getting in the top 4 like they nearly did last year is gone.

Not sure if this has been posted but it was in an Ogden piece for the Telegraph:

City are also planning to roll out a training kit sponsor as they attempt to boost their commercial revenues to smooth their path towards FFP compliance.

I don't think FFP will ever be truly enforced. Just the fact that they could never get the clubs from different nations to agree on unified accounting standards makes it unenforceable as written. I think there will be some simplified test enacted at some point in the future, but I can't imagine how you can peel back each nation's different account rules. I think a bigger driver for City is more the desire of our owners to look prudent and competent.. to have a "well run club" implying some financial sustainability outside of massive investment each year. The culture of our owners places a very high value on the appearance of best practice and high quality - looking shrewd,and certainly wanting to avoid any appearance that anyone got the better of us in a negotiation.

Could anyone with access to The Times paste this if possible?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/kay/article3736402.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_04_10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/col ... 2013_04_10</a>

Edit: Oh here it is, fook you too Scudamore. Sounds like some clubs are having second thoughts and Scudamore, desperate to appease the rags, is trying a power play?

Prjou3P.jpg

If City beat Wigan in the final and win the FA Cup the prize money payments will total £2.947.500. Factor in match day revenue from the previous rounds and City could make between £4-£5 million(guessing) from this seasons FA Cup. Which is a financial bonus considering the money the club lost due to the poor CL campaign.

The Prize Fund listed round-by-round for season 2012-13

The FA Cup with Budweiser
Season 2012-13
Payments made from The FA's Prize Fund

Extra Preliminary Round winners (200) £1,000
Preliminary Round winners (166) £1,750
First Round Qualifying winners (116) £3,000
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £4,500
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £7,500
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £12,500
First Round Proper winners (40) £18,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £27,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £67,500
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £180,000
Sixth Round Proper winners (4) £360,000

Semi-Final winners (2) £900,000
Semi-Final runners-up (2) £450,000
Final runners-up (1) £900,000
Final winners (1) £1,800,000

jrb said:
If City beat Wigan in the final and win the FA Cup the prize money payments will total £2.947.500. Factor in match day revenue from the previous rounds and City could make between £4-£5 million(guessing) from this seasons FA Cup. Which is a financial bonus considering the money the club lost due to the poor CL campaign.

Season 2012-13

I can't believe that's all you get for winning a trophy yet top 4 place is £30mill or so.

If it were me I'd make the FA Cup a Champions League place and I'd add those prize pools to the CL windfall money. In short winning the FA Cup gets you £32mill. Winning the FA Cup makes you a champion, yet the cup gets you into the UEFA Cup rather than Champions League, kind of ironic that.

jrb said:

Season 2012-13

And TV monies for live games?

The intangibles from raising our profile around the world will be much greater, and enable the club to win deals at better rates, and may also trigger performance clauses if they exist.

Mr. Aguia said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
City Raider said:
The timing of the announcement of utds latest sponsorship deal is a little odd, with the final vote on fair play taking place this week I think.

Surely any owners who are unsure can now see there is only one direction this is going in.
The thing is that most owners will have balanced the chance of being bought out by a billionaire against the ability to keep most of the vastly increased TV income from next season onwards to either pay down their clubs' debts or go into their own pockets.

To put the question another way, if you were in debt and your boss offered you a huge rise but only on condition that you didn't put any money on the lottery would you say "Stuff that, I might win the Euromillions next week" or take the bird in the hand?

But the reality is this won't help them in any way. It will just make the gap bewtween the top 4 larger. And any shot of a Newcastle etc.. getting in the top 4 like they nearly did last year is gone.
The reality is that it will help them because they remove the burden of debt and unfettered wage increases. That's their biggest concern as things stand. The PL money is pretty evenly distributed so there's really very little difference between finishing 4th and 8th.

NipHolmes said:
jrb said:

Season 2012-13

I can't believe that's all you get for winning a trophy yet top 4 place is £30mill or so.

If it were me I'd make the FA Cup a Champions League place and I'd add those prize pools to the CL windfall money. In short winning the FA Cup gets you £32mill. Winning the FA Cup makes you a champion, yet the cup gets you into the UEFA Cup rather than Champions League, kind of ironic that.

Shows clearly why CL is not only of paramount importance, but why the Old Boys Club is so hideously difficult to break into. Interesting proposal re the final CL qualifying spot.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mr. Aguia said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

The reality is that it will help them because they remove the burden of debt and unfettered wage increases. That's their biggest concern as things stand. The PL money is pretty evenly distributed so there's really very little difference between finishing 4th and 8th.
Which is another way of essentially saying the owners/chairmen of Premeirship football clubs these days are, in the main, businessmen and not football men. Their aims are vastly different to the owners of the 70's and 80's. It's all about the bottom line, keeping your club financially solvent, and very little to do with actually achieving things on the football pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.