Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

waspish said:
Jack Wills said:

I don't see how the paunchy Gallic twat can have any issue with us - how can we have a loss if Sheikh Mansour is paying for us? If the Sheikh writes a cheque for £50m for a player for us, how is that City making a loss?

And why isn't Platini concerned about clubs with debts!? Surely that's worse and unsustainable, just like all those people who take out big loans then can't afford to pay them back. That has to be more of an issue than a club having an owner who can easily afford to sustain it.

At first it was going to be about debt but the scum Gill talked him around

No surprises there , then..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ident.html</a>

Don't know if already posted but interesting interview by Martin Samuel, highlights the power of the G14 at the time and how powerless uefa seem to be against the self serving interests of these clubs

I was wondering about the lack of concern in Ffp about debt .
I'm no accountant or financial expert but trading losses are the difference , as I understand , between the money made by a business and the money it costs to make it. If it costs more money to run a business than it actually makes then that is a loss . If a business owner wants to cover those losses with his own money , which he can afford, then why should that concern anyone? Debts , on the other hand , is money owed to other people or institutions , which means that somebody , somewhere , is losing out . It seems fairly simple.
Is it fair that certain clubs who have special tax arrangements or indeed are operating in a tax haven are allowed to take part in competitions with those who don't have such advantageous benefits?
Perhaps if you are big enough ( or French enough ) you can get away with anything.

As a regular visitor to the site and previously a poster before the site became a bit troll like, there would often be healthy debate about whether there was a written press, media, general referee/FA Premier League bias towards the 'top clubs.'

If anyone was ever in any doubt then surely the sight and sound of the Brit hating, previously cultured footballer turned social nationalist, Platini offering a job to Ferguson must surely convince everyone that there is indeed a job's for the boys politics inherent at the highest echelons of football.

The activities of Txiki Begiristan, Soriano, Khaldoun and Shiek Mansour demonstrate to me that they know this and are countering this in every way they know how.

Apologies for the slightly drunken post, but right now I'm proud to be blue and pleased that we have a management structure I could only have dreamed of when I first started watching City. Don't want to speak ill of the dead so I'll leave it there.

nwhn3 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

Don't know if already posted but interesting interview by Martin Samuel, highlights the power of the G14 at the time and how powerless uefa seem to be against the self serving interests of these clubs

Top link, where the fuck do you start with platini's motives???

nwhn3 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329745/Martin-Samuel-meets-Michel-Platini--read-FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

Deserves its own thread....leave it to me.

Cobwebcat said:
nwhn3 said:

Deserves its own thread....leave it to me.

Done, thought it might get hidden away in here

Surely financial fair play should have a financially fair playing field.

Reading that interview by Martin Samuel and my thoughts after a few sherberts are that he'll succeed Blatter in charge at FIFA and FFP will just die a slow death in a corner somewhere.

I may have missed it but Martin Samuels never asked him about the legal challenge to FFP which I would have asked.

We have wonderful owners who run a Country not just a football club, I'm sure they know what they are doing, and I trust them implicitly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.