Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Is it me or did he give the same fuckin answer to every question !

Samuel: That’s what I was going to ask you about. Because one of the people who you have got in charge of financial fair play is Jean-Luc Dehaene. He was in charge of a bank that needed to be bailed out £5.18billion. Not euros, pounds. How can he be in charge of financial fair play? He was meant to come here to speak and the bank went skint on that day and he had to cancel. How can he be telling a football club, this is how you run your football club?

Platini: What do you want I answer?

Samuel: Just an answer. How?

Platini: OK. I miss a penalty one day and I score a goal the day after.

Samuel: It’s a bit bigger than that, Michel, come on.

Platini: OK, it’s not an answer. But he is at the beginning of the procedure, he has a contract for some years and we will see at the end of his contract, what we can do. But he is from the beginning, let us finish the procedure and then we will see what’s happened. But he was Prime Minister of Belgium with big success. OK, he lost one goal, he is not he is a bad player because he lost one goal.

Samuel: His bank lost £9.73bn.

Platini: OK, two goals.

Brilliant. The guy is a complete idiot.

Project said:
Samuel: That’s what I was going to ask you about. Because one of the people who you have got in charge of financial fair play is Jean-Luc Dehaene. He was in charge of a bank that needed to be bailed out £5.18billion. Not euros, pounds. How can he be in charge of financial fair play? He was meant to come here to speak and the bank went skint on that day and he had to cancel. How can he be telling a football club, this is how you run your football club?

Platini: What do you want I answer?

Samuel: Just an answer. How?

Platini: OK. I miss a penalty one day and I score a goal the day after.

Samuel: It’s a bit bigger than that, Michel, come on.

Platini: OK, it’s not an answer. But he is at the beginning of the procedure, he has a contract for some years and we will see at the end of his contract, what we can do. But he is from the beginning, let us finish the procedure and then we will see what’s happened. But he was Prime Minister of Belgium with big success. OK, he lost one goal, he is not he is a bad player because he lost one goal.

Samuel: His bank lost £9.73bn.

Platini: OK, two goals.

Brilliant. The guy is a complete idiot.
Platini has missed his real vocation in life; he'd walk into any comedy double with this material, his dead pan delivery transcends the writen medium. The Frog and Bucket awaits

Nicked from the Guardian - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/24/michel-platini-uefa-football?CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... CMP=twt_gu</a>

Qataris - Platini - Sarkozy - World Cup - Airbus deal - Plantini Son = Coincedence.

NO agenda - nothing to see here....

He claims the same simplicity of vision and clarity of moral compass prompted him to vote for Qatar – to spread the World Cup to a region, the middle east, which has never hosted it. Yet he acknowledges that summer in the desert is not a great time for a football tournament, accepting with a disarming joke that he has never even been there in the summer: "It's too hot!"

Platini says he always told the Qataris he would vote for them, but told them the World Cup should be in the winter. He argues that, contrary to the protests from the Premier League, Bundesliga and others, leagues can reschedule that year to accommodate it.

Yet the Qatari vote is widely seen as Fifa bowing to money, with Platini cast in some coverage as too entangled in Qatari influence. Famously, he attended a lunch at the Elysée Palace with France's then president, Nicolas Sarkozy, and Qatari royalty. After that, he voted for Qatar, the Qataris bought PSG, whom Sarkozy supports, and concluded major trade deals with France. Then Platini's son, Laurent, a lawyer, was recruited as the chief executive of Burdda, a Qatari-owned sports kit company.

Platini does not dodge the truth of any of that. But he maintains he made his decision independently. "At the lunch, it was not the emir of Qatar [as some reports have said], it was the son of the emir of Qatar and the prime minister of Qatar," Platini clarifies.

The possibility of the Qataris taking over PSG was not mentioned at the lunch, he says, but states frankly: "I knew Sarkozy wanted the people from Qatar to buy PSG. I understood that Sarkozy supported the candidature of Qatar. But he never asked me, or to vote for Russia [for the 2018 World Cup]. He knows my personality. I always vote for what is good for football. Not for myself, not for France."

Platini rejects any suggestion that Burrda hiring his son, in early 2012, means he is or was compromised. "My son is CEO of Burrda, it's a company of Qatar, they have many investments. He was a lawyer for PSG [until 2008], then he was with Lagardère [the French media company], then Burrda came to pick him, because he is good. It was totally not related to anything I have done. It has nothing to do with me, and there is no conflict."

I wish Sheikh Mansour would get his legal people to bury these fucking corrupt bastards and their unfair play rule.

Remember everyone there is no agenda.

It's good that we will generate so much income from other sources, plus the investment on the general infrastructure. This is the difference with our owners and many other owners who largely spend money on the team and not the club infrastructure.

Big issue is surely owners loading huge debts on the club and not having any great pressure to be debt free in that way too.

You would hope that interview gets picked up by media all around Europe. It's extremely important. It won't though, the concepts are too complex for a quick article. I know some don't like Martin Samuel but bloody hell, he's an outstanding journalist.

Henkeman said:
You would hope that interview gets picked up by media all around Europe. It's extremely important. It won't though, the concepts are too complex for a quick article. I know some don't like Martin Samuel but bloody hell, he's an outstanding journalist.
Have to give some credit to Platini for taking the interview.

Seems to me that UEFA have allowed the elite clubs to design their Fair-play solution. The real architects behind this are not the EU and UEFA but our own elite football clubs.

The points Samuels made to Platini about Abramovic voting in favour of it were pretty damning.

All the scheme will do is pull a drawbridge up behind the existing dominant clubs, and in time it will damage the credibility of the game. Only a matter of time before fans of clubs like Everton, Sunderland, Newcastle etc get extremely fed up and demoralised.

Henkeman said:

People don't like him when he criticises their team! He is one of the best journalists in the written press. And you're right this interview will be lucky to make the press Europe wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.