Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

We didn't sell Bridge, Kolo or RSC though, that's my gripe with that article. Small I know but for a professional such instances should not occur, should they Herbert?

waspish said:
Blue Mooner said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Furthermore though if FFP did not exist do you guys really think Real Madrid would have had a chance at outbidding us for Isco?

This exactly. The club may want to run the club along more business lines but if we wanted a player, we would get him and never be outbid.

So you force a player to come to city who wants to go some where else? Also our owners want to make money not lose money

Isco liked City, his father and the Malaga owner didn't.

dom said:
I'm no cynic said:
MC ID said:
Though I agree with you my problem with FFPR stretches beyond just us but football as a whole, I have no doubt we will get through these but it's a shame for nearly every other football team in europe that we might possibly be the last set of fans who get to behold their childhood dream become a reality.

It's especially true now the Premier league has got it's own FFPR which just locks in place the established rich big clubs, with the money divide now can you ever see another team rising up in the premier league to become a force? I'm eternally grateful we broke that barrier but it's a shame that no one else gets to taste it, just the same few clubs from now on. It saddens me really.

Don't be too sad. It was voted in by those with most to lose. A basic error that they may yet live to regret.

This^^

I really can't get my head around how some of the upper mid table clubs with aspirations (or any of the other one, for that matter) would have endorsed this cynical move

Ladder well and truly pulled up and it would seem that short-term jealousy might have clouded the judgement of others....

I honestly don't think that this is the case. The ones who voted for FFP DON'T WANT to sell, because they can just sit back and watch the millions roll in from the new deal(s) from Sky and blame FFP for not spending. These Chairmen don't have the affections of the fans or the club at heart. They are just interested in their own greed. Selling up to a wealthy benefactor would initially make them a few bob, but would hardly keep the millions regularly rolling in.
They will trip out the usual FFP propaganda b.s. in the media for the fans, "We wanted to buy (player X), but the financial restrictions meant that we couldn't". Privately however, they will be laughing their tits off as they paper their front room in £50 notes.

So for all those fans of clubs who slag us off for "selling our soul", get real and give your heads a wobble. It is YOUR owners who are culpable and unless FFP is dissolved, you have next to zero chance of seeing your club win honours. All you are doing is lining the pocket of your owner(s).

its started allready just look at the rags
in the papers there going to offer 80m ronaldo 85m for bale and even pay the buyout for cavani
but in the end they offer only £10m for baines @everton!!!!!!!

alky313 said:
waspish said:
Blue Mooner said:
This exactly. The club may want to run the club along more business lines but if we wanted a player, we would get him and never be outbid.

So you force a player to come to city who wants to go some where else? Also our owners want to make money not lose money

If Isco had really wanted it he'd have told his dad to back off, simple as.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
alky313 said:
waspish said:

The family getting 10m in cold hard cash could swing it to be fair. An agent getting a big slice you can tell to get bent, your dad is a little harder.

adrianr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
alky313 said:

The family getting 10m in cold hard cash could swing it to be fair. An agent getting a big slice you can tell to get bent, your dad is a little harder.

true, but if your a professional footballer you have to question whether your dad has your best interests at heart and be your own man, seems to me that Isco is still daddy's little boy but to be fair the charm of Real Madrid is not one that is hard to resist, especially for a talented young Spaniard.

If they're willing to part with £10m to the lad's dad then I hope they enjoy sitting around the negotiating table with Napoli or Levy in the coming months, because they'll be taken to the cleaners.

NipHolmes said:
We didn't sell Bridge, Kolo or RSC though, that's my gripe with that article. Small I know but for a professional such instances should not occur, should they Herbert?

I'm sure we'll be saving quite a bit just with these 3 due to amortisation and wages. Aren't we 25-27m better off now Tevez has gone despite only getting about 10m for him?

ManCitizens. said:
NipHolmes said:

I'm sure we'll be saving quite a bit just with these 3 due to amortisation and wages. Aren't we 25-27m better off now Tevez has gone despite only getting about 10m for him?

I'd cautiously estimate that we're saving at least £40m a season not having those 4 on the books.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
adrianr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

true, but if your a professional footballer you have to question whether your dad has your best interests at heart and be your own man, seems to me that Isco is still daddy's little boy but to be fair the charm of Real Madrid is not one that is hard to resist, especially for a talented young Spaniard.

If they're willing to part with £10m to the lad's dad then I hope they enjoy sitting around the negotiating table with Napoli or Levy in the coming months, because they'll be taken to the cleaners.

I'm actually thinking of it more from a guaranteeing your families security angle than his dad not having his best interests at heart; We can never know whom he or his dad truly preferred, or even if this 10m pay off is real, but if it is maybe Isco thought he was doing the right thing providing for his family first. After all no matter how much potential he has now, he knows he's only a dodgy knee injury away from a good as ended career and way way less cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.