Financial investment advice

cpa said:
With interest rates being so low and for a short term you haven't got many great choices
Ive just banged the max amount on premium bonds...some times I win ..last month I won 5 x £25 ...this month nowt..depends on how lucky you are ...good fun on the 2nd of every month seeing if ive won the mill though

definitely this.

at this time you can't go wrong.

brand blue heavies said:
Become a money Lender!!!Invest around 5k in Zopa!The money lending service where you`ll get a return of around 8%.

Check it out on Google.It the way forward.Basically you lend money to other people looking to borrow.If your also looking to borrow less than 5k at the moment its the palce to get that to.

Its a sound investment and one which the banks are crapping themselves over.Bit like Peer to peer sharing but with money.

I've heard of this, but was a bit worried about the possibility of people not paying their loans back?

Don't bother with premium bonds by the way, you're money is better off in a 2% interest account, which can't be hard to find

Think I have read this right but if the guy is Irish and lives in Ireland he cant have a ISA

MCFC OK

Buy a house, if I had a quid for everyone who thought they could wait out the market...

Ireland is very different to the UK, admittedly, you won't see as drastic falls here, due to it being the last bastion of refuge for government, hence low interest rates.

Buy over here.

Or buy gold.

blue_paul said:
Thanks for athe advice folks!

Dave, I'd be looking at little less than 20k sterling, not a huge amount but I was just wondering about doing something with it rather than just leaving it in an account. The missus has roughly the same amount and it's just going to be topped up over the next 18-24 months, seems a shame not to try anything with it but as you said, if it was easy to make money on it, everyone would be at it.

Prestwich, believe me, the Irish market has a hell of a way to fall, it's still ridiculously over-priced and with another round of 'austerity measures' to come in December, we're going to see a lot more people defaulting on mortgages they could never afford anyway. The fucking bastards are talking about cutting my parents old age pension now, this is how bad things are.
4.5 billion cuts this budget in a country with a population of just over four million. I'm sure you've heard about our bank bailouts too, 50 yes that's FIFTY billion and counting. Place is fucked.

Ragnarok, cheers for that advice, I'll look into a risk free mutual fund scheme whatever that may be. Don't fancy handing over significant sums to a broker really, you all seem to preach caution on the matter anyway.

PM me as I build propert portfolio's for cash investors with a 9 month return of capital

The Fat el Hombre said:
brand blue heavies said:
Become a money Lender!!!Invest around 5k in Zopa!The money lending service where you`ll get a return of around 8%.

Check it out on Google.It the way forward.Basically you lend money to other people looking to borrow.If your also looking to borrow less than 5k at the moment its the palce to get that to.

Its a sound investment and one which the banks are crapping themselves over.Bit like Peer to peer sharing but with money.

I've heard of this, but was a bit worried about the possibility of people not paying their loans back?

Don't bother with premium bonds by the way, you're money is better off in a 2% interest account, which can't be hard to find

That sounds interesting, is it kosher?

Its real alright.My friend has 2k in it.He gets regular updates and its not like his 2k is going to one person.They spread your money out over lots of borrowers so say £10 to one and £20 to another til your 2k is spent up,after the loan term you get your money back..plus a tidy % return.

Its the future of money lending and the banks are crapping themselves as basically it cuts them out.

check the website out i kid you not if you have a spare few thousand to lock away you wont get a better return from a bank or BS.

I saw it on moneysavingexpert and had a ganders. Like I say the only thing that worries me is if people do runners with your money? I'm interested in it though and I'll keep an eye on it

I would recommend putting some money into an equity ISA. Slightly risky but I have one that gave me a 18% return last year. The two years previous led to similar returns.

You just need to pick the right company. Theright company manages the risk effectively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.