Firework?

IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
degs.mc said:
My first post...and maybe on a controversial topic...but here goes.

I am a Newcastle fan.

I'm not going to even try to defend the idiotic behaviour from the minority of our away fans today but I do feel like I need to defend my club here.

There is a new uprising of uneducated pricks that only serve to tarnish the already shaky reputation the club I love has. And I know it's shaky, so do thousands of our fans.

You have to understand guys that the 'fans' that involve themselves in childish (and it is childish) behaviour like today are well within the minority. It pains me that they are essentially the outspoken and most vocal ones; most fans of our club are good-mannered and good-natured. However the minority are the ones that seem to get the platform on which we get judged as a whole.

The whole 'deluded' tag that is constantly placed on us frustrates me to an extent; I think we are wrongly perceived as having ridiculous expectations when I believe we don't. If you ask most Geordies where they think we will finish (even with this frankly unbelievable start for us) they would say around 8th-12th. At the start of the season the prediction was even lower. Since being relegated in 2009 the only thing Newcastle fans really want is Premier League football, and the fact we're anywhere near the top 4 is the stuff of dreams. We know we won't stay there. It wasn't too long ago that we were playing Champions League football but I think 99% of fans don't think we'll be playing in that competition in the foreseeable future (we're talking decades here). But is it so wrong to dream? Doesn't that encapsulate the faith of a football fan?

For the record I've always had a good relationship with City fans, I have a few friends from the club in the workplace. I love your fanbase's humorous side, the Europa League match with Salzburg springs to mind, I was in stitches over the Alan love-in, absolute class. I've never laughed so much watching a football game, the Mancini song is fantastic and the 'Poznan' looks great on the telly!

I guess the point of this post is to dissolve any tension between the two sets of fans, surely you agree that every club has their complete cocks and that is human nature rather than the mentality of a city or a football club. I've encountered a few City fans who are a bit naughty and others that think they're Billy Big Boots (not remembering your club's history) but that won't change my positive opinion of your fans.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you win the title, would love to see the look on SAF's face. Don't hate on us too much, on the whole as a set of fans we're very similar to you, we love our club and are absolutely loving the relative success we're enjoying at the moment.

Good post.
Welcome to the board.

Thanks mate, I've been browsing this forum for a week or so now and there's some quality posters here.

heres what i saw.. i sit on on an aisle seat in block 111, there was a banger thrown from the jordies and it landed on the steps.. a man picked it up and it fuckin went off in his hand! his mate was infront of me and started going sick at the jordies and then everyone clocked on what had happened and started charging towards the jordies and throwing stuff... i then saw a chair hit a girl who must have only been about 16-17 full on in the face! disgracefull cunts they are.

to be fair, i came into the ground thinking that i wasn't going to give them any shit as i respect newcastle and their fans, the ones that turned up today were twats but that some times happens.

even one year i remember the rags turning up and we beat them, and to be honest we had some good banter and they seemed up for a laugh, where as normally they are the biggest cretinous cunts to walk the earth.

i noticed a fair few who looked like decent normal people and they weren't getting involved.

Bluemoon115 said:
Newcastle are the United of the north east.

Sunderland are the true team of that area, always loved having a pint and a chat with their fans.

agree with that (although its a shame they ruined it by appointing keane and elephant man as managers)

Halfpenny said:
blumoonrisen said:
Ric said:
I saw the guy who'd picked up the firework (to try and get rid of it) and it went off in his hand

Unbelievable that someone would do that..
Someone said he was moving it away from kids in the vicinity.

it looked like he didnt know what it was, and just as he realised it was a banger it was too late

WestGorton said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Or when they were tearing up the Clarence a good few years ago.... They do have some twats supporting them. Having said that i've also had a drink with a few in there , previously . But that day they were a nasty bunch of cunts

That was Middlesbrough I think.
yep it was, it then carried on in the fa cup a few week later, then we had the ambush incident in the north stand the following season when they ran in throwing punches, a group of about 100 stayed in town didn't watch the game then decided to visit the north stand!

moorsideblue said:
Halfpenny said:
blumoonrisen said:

it looked like he didnt know what it was, and just as he realised it was a banger it was too late
Ah, right. I'm at the back of 110 so was close to it but didn't see the bloke who got injured. Hope the **** who threw it gets banned for life at the very least.

degs.mc said:
My first post...and maybe on a controversial topic...but here goes.

I am a Newcastle fan.

I'm not going to even try to defend the idiotic behaviour from the minority of our away fans today but I do feel like I need to defend my club here.

There is a new uprising of uneducated pricks that only serve to tarnish the already shaky reputation the club I love has. And I know it's shaky, so do thousands of our fans.

You have to understand guys that the 'fans' that involve themselves in childish (and it is childish) behaviour like today are well within the minority. It pains me that they are essentially the outspoken and most vocal ones; most fans of our club are good-mannered and good-natured. However the minority are the ones that seem to get the platform on which we get judged as a whole.

The whole 'deluded' tag that is constantly placed on us frustrates me to an extent; I think we are wrongly perceived as having ridiculous expectations when I believe we don't. If you ask most Geordies where they think we will finish (even with this frankly unbelievable start for us) they would say around 8th-12th. At the start of the season the prediction was even lower. Since being relegated in 2009 the only thing Newcastle fans really want is Premier League football, and the fact we're anywhere near the top 4 is the stuff of dreams. We know we won't stay there. It wasn't too long ago that we were playing Champions League football but I think 99% of fans don't think we'll be playing in that competition in the foreseeable future (we're talking decades here). But is it so wrong to dream? Doesn't that encapsulate the faith of a football fan?

For the record I've always had a good relationship with City fans, I have a few friends from the club in the workplace. I love your fanbase's humorous side, the Europa League match with Salzburg springs to mind, I was in stitches over the Alan love-in, absolute class. I've never laughed so much watching a football game, the Mancini song is fantastic and the 'Poznan' looks great on the telly!

I guess the point of this post is to dissolve any tension between the two sets of fans, surely you agree that every club has their complete cocks and that is human nature rather than the mentality of a city or a football club. I've encountered a few City fans who are a bit naughty and others that think they're Billy Big Boots (not remembering your club's history) but that won't change my positive opinion of your fans.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you win the title, would love to see the look on SAF's face. Don't hate on us too much, on the whole as a set of fans we're very similar to you, we love our club and are absolutely loving the relative success we're enjoying at the moment.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for other fans, but in my opinion fans like you are more than welcome on this forum. Thanks for your contribution

Halfpenny said:
moorsideblue said:
Halfpenny said:

Ah, right. I'm at the back of 110 so was close to it but didn't see the bloke who got injured. Hope the **** who threw it gets banned for life at the very least.

banned for life at the very least? Would be hard to be longer mate

Halfpenny said:
blumoonrisen said:
Ric said:
I saw the guy who'd picked up the firework (to try and get rid of it) and it went off in his hand

Heard that too, might not have been the wisest move but who'd have known, he could have been trying to get it to the pitch, less damage potential (and knowing the FA a life ban)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.