Firework?

BringBackSwales said:
Halfpenny said:
moorsideblue said:
it looked like he didnt know what it was, and just as he realised it was a banger it was too late
Ah, right. I'm at the back of 110 so was close to it but didn't see the bloke who got injured. Hope the **** who threw it gets banned for life at the very least.

banned for life at the very least? Would be hard to be longer mate
Haha, I mean sanctions other than banning orders on top of it.

flyer said:
degs.mc said:
My first post...and maybe on a controversial topic...but here goes.

I am a Newcastle fan.

I'm not going to even try to defend the idiotic behaviour from the minority of our away fans today but I do feel like I need to defend my club here.

There is a new uprising of uneducated pricks that only serve to tarnish the already shaky reputation the club I love has. And I know it's shaky, so do thousands of our fans.

You have to understand guys that the 'fans' that involve themselves in childish (and it is childish) behaviour like today are well within the minority. It pains me that they are essentially the outspoken and most vocal ones; most fans of our club are good-mannered and good-natured. However the minority are the ones that seem to get the platform on which we get judged as a whole.

The whole 'deluded' tag that is constantly placed on us frustrates me to an extent; I think we are wrongly perceived as having ridiculous expectations when I believe we don't. If you ask most Geordies where they think we will finish (even with this frankly unbelievable start for us) they would say around 8th-12th. At the start of the season the prediction was even lower. Since being relegated in 2009 the only thing Newcastle fans really want is Premier League football, and the fact we're anywhere near the top 4 is the stuff of dreams. We know we won't stay there. It wasn't too long ago that we were playing Champions League football but I think 99% of fans don't think we'll be playing in that competition in the foreseeable future (we're talking decades here). But is it so wrong to dream? Doesn't that encapsulate the faith of a football fan?

For the record I've always had a good relationship with City fans, I have a few friends from the club in the workplace. I love your fanbase's humorous side, the Europa League match with Salzburg springs to mind, I was in stitches over the Alan love-in, absolute class. I've never laughed so much watching a football game, the Mancini song is fantastic and the 'Poznan' looks great on the telly!

I guess the point of this post is to dissolve any tension between the two sets of fans, surely you agree that every club has their complete cocks and that is human nature rather than the mentality of a city or a football club. I've encountered a few City fans who are a bit naughty and others that think they're Billy Big Boots (not remembering your club's history) but that won't change my positive opinion of your fans.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you win the title, would love to see the look on SAF's face. Don't hate on us too much, on the whole as a set of fans we're very similar to you, we love our club and are absolutely loving the relative success we're enjoying at the moment.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for other fans, but in my opinion fans like you are more than welcome on this forum. Thanks for your contribution

Not having a go at you m8, but unfortunately that incident today will put your club up there with Spurs and Everton for hatred. It wasn't just an individual that threw a banger, it was the hundreds that celebrated it afterwards that made it even worse.

Im not violent at all and never cause trouble at football, but i sincerley hope when we go to the JJB stadium everything is chucked down at your fans.

ManCitizens. said:
flyer said:
degs.mc said:
My first post...and maybe on a controversial topic...but here goes.

I am a Newcastle fan.

I'm not going to even try to defend the idiotic behaviour from the minority of our away fans today but I do feel like I need to defend my club here.

There is a new uprising of uneducated pricks that only serve to tarnish the already shaky reputation the club I love has. And I know it's shaky, so do thousands of our fans.

You have to understand guys that the 'fans' that involve themselves in childish (and it is childish) behaviour like today are well within the minority. It pains me that they are essentially the outspoken and most vocal ones; most fans of our club are good-mannered and good-natured. However the minority are the ones that seem to get the platform on which we get judged as a whole.

The whole 'deluded' tag that is constantly placed on us frustrates me to an extent; I think we are wrongly perceived as having ridiculous expectations when I believe we don't. If you ask most Geordies where they think we will finish (even with this frankly unbelievable start for us) they would say around 8th-12th. At the start of the season the prediction was even lower. Since being relegated in 2009 the only thing Newcastle fans really want is Premier League football, and the fact we're anywhere near the top 4 is the stuff of dreams. We know we won't stay there. It wasn't too long ago that we were playing Champions League football but I think 99% of fans don't think we'll be playing in that competition in the foreseeable future (we're talking decades here). But is it so wrong to dream? Doesn't that encapsulate the faith of a football fan?

For the record I've always had a good relationship with City fans, I have a few friends from the club in the workplace. I love your fanbase's humorous side, the Europa League match with Salzburg springs to mind, I was in stitches over the Alan love-in, absolute class. I've never laughed so much watching a football game, the Mancini song is fantastic and the 'Poznan' looks great on the telly!

I guess the point of this post is to dissolve any tension between the two sets of fans, surely you agree that every club has their complete cocks and that is human nature rather than the mentality of a city or a football club. I've encountered a few City fans who are a bit naughty and others that think they're Billy Big Boots (not remembering your club's history) but that won't change my positive opinion of your fans.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you win the title, would love to see the look on SAF's face. Don't hate on us too much, on the whole as a set of fans we're very similar to you, we love our club and are absolutely loving the relative success we're enjoying at the moment.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for other fans, but in my opinion fans like you are more than welcome on this forum. Thanks for your contribution

Not having a go at you m8, but unfortunately that incident today will put your club up there with Spurs and Everton for hatred. It wasn't just an individual that threw a banger, it was the hundreds that celebrated it afterwards that made it even worse.

Im not violent at all and never cause trouble at football, but i sincerley hope when we go to the JJB stadium everything is chucked down at your fans.

Since my post, I've read some very bad things concerning what happened. I've no problem with hunting the scum down that did this but the poster did seem to me to me to be a dencent fan

flyer said:
ManCitizens. said:
flyer said:

Since my post, I've read some very bad things concerning what happened. I've no problem with hunting the scum down that did this but the poster did seem to me to me to be a dencent fan

I agree, he seems very genuine, concerned and unhappy with the incident. Today though a big % of Newcastles attending fans celebrated that incident. Now i would hate to see innocent fans get attacked at St James but City fans wont forget, there will be a backlash. All because of 1 idiot and a few hundred pissed up clowns.

P.s. welcome to the forum degs.mc and unlucky today

Halfpenny said:
blumoonrisen said:
Ric said:
I saw the guy who'd picked up the firework (to try and get rid of it) and it went off in his hand

Unbelievable that someone would do that..
Someone said he was moving it away from kids in the vicinity.

Don't forget the puppies and kittens that the orphans were cuddling too.

-- Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:07 am --

ManCitizens. said:
flyer said:
ManCitizens. said:

I agree, he seems very genuine, concerned and unhappy with the incident. Today though a big % of Newcastles attending fans celebrated that incident. Now i would hate to see innocent fans get attacked at St James but City fans wont forget, there will be a backlash. All because of 1 idiot and a few hundred pissed up clowns.

A few blues around 212 gave a 'Yay' or whatever sound it was when it went off. More of a shock reaction to a loud unexpected bang than a celebration of a firework going off next to some poor bloke.

There wil have been a few that saw it being lit and thrown but I doubt that many people had a clue if that banger had been either thrown by or thrown at City fans or even just let off on the floor with no target ever intended.

To say they celebrated it is a bit unfair.

ManCitizens. said:
flyer said:
ManCitizens. said:

I'm frankly embarrassed at the conduct of some of our fans. I'm an honest guy and this is not the first time our away 'support' have got themselves into trouble this year, at Darlington in pre-season some idiots decided to kick off and invade the pitch during the game, and last week at Sunderland more idiots decided to rip up seats and throw things at a reserve fixture for heaven's sake. It makes my skin crawl, and it seems the younger fans are responsible for these actions.

Regarding the events of today I don't think hundreds of our fans noticed and advocated the firework being thrown, it was more the 'crowd mentality' kicking in after they had realised something had happened. I'm not making excuses here, I'm just trying to be rational.

On the topic of the game (something I haven't mentioned yet haha) I didn't think we did too much wrong. The penalties were stonewall but avoidable, we kept the ball well in small parts of the game and looked like we could go into half-time with our goal intact. My heart says that if Ba had put his chance away at 0-0, things could have been different; but my head says that you were always going to score more goals than us.

I'm proud of the team today, we more than gave an account of ourselves today and it was a great lesson for Pardew on how to play against top sides like yourselves. We should feel confident that we could nick a result at Old Trafford, it's unlikely but then again so was our start to the season.

degs.mc said:
ManCitizens. said:
flyer said:

I'm frankly embarrassed at the conduct of some of our fans. I'm an honest guy and this is not the first time our away 'support' have got themselves into trouble this year, at Darlington in pre-season some idiots decided to kick off and invade the pitch during the game, and last week at Sunderland more idiots decided to rip up seats and throw things at a reserve fixture for heaven's sake. It makes my skin crawl, and it seems the younger fans are responsible for these actions.

Regarding the events of today I don't think hundreds of our fans noticed and advocated the firework being thrown, it was more the 'crowd mentality' kicking in after they had realised something had happened. I'm not making excuses here, I'm just trying to be rational.

On the topic of the game (something I haven't mentioned yet haha) I didn't think we did too much wrong. The penalties were stonewall but avoidable, we kept the ball well in small parts of the game and looked like we could go into half-time with our goal intact. My heart says that if Ba had put his chance away at 0-0, things could have been different; but my head says that you were always going to score more goals than us.

I'm proud of the team today, we more than gave an account of ourselves today and it was a great lesson for Pardew on how to play against top sides like yourselves. We should feel confident that we could nick a result at Old Trafford, it's unlikely but then again so was our start to the season.
Regardless of yesterdays events i will be hoping u get something at the swamp next week mate

Re: Re: Firework?

mcfcliam said:
GeordieBoy said:
mancityvstoke said:
er WRONG.

YOU and every other away fan recently has taken up this bullshit "where we you when you were shit" chant at us. Frankly we're fucking sick of hearing it now.

Some of your goons got off a coach near the main MCFC car park and were chanting it on Joe Mercer way (aimed at fellas with kids mainly, not anywhere near Mary D's or somewhere you'd get shit back). When I pointed this out to one of the scar faced divs one of them said to me that he was a "Geordie HOOLIE" and "didnt gi a fuck like". He'd take us all on he said.

nobs

And that lad next to me got a coin to the eye, and he wasn't the only one

Good...shame it wasn't a grenade.

Oh so funny. Sides spliting.

Burnage Burnsy said:
SWP's back said:
Burnage Burnsy said:
Eh

Eh?

How do you need that explaining? Comparing the geordies to U****d? Sunderland are not even in the same area. 20 miles south.

Geordies are 99% top fans with a few dicks like us.

Comparing them to the rags is fucking stupid ....... so DICK.

OK?

No.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.