First Away Game

My first away game was when I went with my late dad (who told me was a '3rd generation' blue) and brother to see City at Upton Park in the season the rags got relegated (what a lovely thought that is!).
One of the things I remember most was someone behind me smoking a pipe, and we were wearing that really classy white kit with the blue and red diagonal stripes.
Anyway,it started well, Franny Lee put us ahead before Trevor Brooking (or it may have been 'Pop' Robson?) equalised. Mike Doyle scored a great winner in the 2nd half with a diving header..Unfortunately , Keith Macrae didn't stand a chance as it was the winning goal for West Ham!!
For several years after that I used to think
Maybe I should have known that day, maybe that should have been a warning of what being a City fan was really about.
To be honest though I don't regret inheriting the 'family club'( and my 22 year old daughter sometimes comes with me too making her a 5th generation blue!) Like many other FOCs all the shit stuff just makes me appreciate all the good stuff that bit more!

Cov away 90/91. We got beat 3-1, Allen scored for us. I was 10 or 11; the thing I remember most is the overzealous West Mids police ejecting blues for swearing. I was told this was routine at the time?

Cov away 90/91. We got beat 3-1, Allen scored for us. I was 10 or 11; the thing I remember most is the overzealous West Mids police ejecting blues for swearing. I was told this was routine at the time?
It was. Usually after around 15 mins at Villa, Brum, WBA, Wolves and Cov. In they used to come throwing loads out for fuck all.

Forest in the cup jan 74 i was 12.Got my red and black scarf swiped before the game which I saw them burning in the home end.

Blackburn away ‘85 Steve Kinsey got the only goal to put us top of the league, we took thousands!, but not as many as the more famous victory there!!!

Notts forest in 69 and then Derby the following Saturday with I think it was Everton at home on the Wednesday in between..
2-2 v forest won 1-0 v derby and I think it was 2-0 v Everton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.