First Away trip...

God that brings memories back, Hull City away 88/89 season was mine, first game of season. A completely different world to what we are in now. Away games are a laugh but you do still get the same moaning f*ckers going, just probably different ones you're used to hearing week in week out at home. Most of these probably weren't at Hull that day (or places like York or Lincoln and Macclesfield 10 seasons later).
A couple of decent boozers near ground Dan. There is the The Park Inn hotel just off junction of M5, 15 mins walk from ground... mix of both home and away. Or if you fancy a curry as well as a few pint's (out of glass not plastic)The Vine on Roebuck St is about the same distance. You can park on side streets near pub then. You'll find a few blue's in here too, was in there for cup game and the curry is really good value. The main thing tho is to sing your heart out for the lads and help us to 3 points!
One last tip is.... if you see a woman answering to the name of Jackie with a load of teenage lads around her, and they start singing to her 'Jackie show us your tits'.......... Think of the curry you've just payed for in The Vine. They're f*cking horrible mate. You'll throw it back up!

kippaxcarlos said:
God that brings memories back, Hull City away 88/89 season was mine, first game of season. A completely different world to what we are in now. Away games are a laugh but you do still get the same moaning f*ckers going, just probably different ones you're used to hearing week in week out at home. Most of these probably weren't at Hull that day (or places like York or Lincoln and Macclesfield 10 seasons later).
A couple of decent boozers near ground Dan. There is the The Park Inn hotel just off junction of M5, 15 mins walk from ground... mix of both home and away. Or if you fancy a curry as well as a few pint's (out of glass not plastic)The Vine on Roebuck St is about the same distance. You can park on side streets near pub then. You'll find a few blue's in here too, was in there for cup game and the curry is really good value. The main thing tho is to sing your heart out for the lads and help us to 3 points!
One last tip is.... if you see a woman answering to the name of Jackie with a load of teenage lads around her, and they start singing to her 'Jackie show us your tits'.......... Think of the curry you've just payed for in The Vine. They're f*cking horrible mate. You'll throw it back up!

Just made me spit my breakfast out lol

kippaxcarlos said:

Bizarre - this was my first away day too - Biggins, Dibble, Gleghorn, Gayle etc all makign debuts. Think we hit the woodwork 5 times and lost 1-0?

Burnage Burnsy said:
kippaxcarlos said:

Bizarre - this was my first away day too - Biggins, Dibble, Gleghorn, Gayle etc all makign debuts. Think we hit the woodwork 5 times and lost 1-0?

We did. Trouble outside wasnt good either if I remember rightly. Swales pulled up in his Jag and got totally abused!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.