First City Goal You Saw Live

Colin Bell 1974 League Cup Final. 9 years old. Got taken by my dad and grandad. Cried all the way home at the travesty of a result

That was my first visit to Wembley and I have not missed single City match (incl. Spurs in league, thanks to you) there since then. Travesty is right when it comes to the result. We stayed in London for the weekend. Think Our Kid was left home with our Nan (he'd not started going to games yet) and my Mum went shopping in West End. Can't recall if we went to a show in the evening but we would have had a nice meal out.

At least we made up for it two years later but after that...

Joe Fagan, 5 February 1955 - we beat Cardiff 4-1
My next game was at the swamp where we won 5-0 with Joe getting another couple of goals.

August 1962 against red dippers (or Liverpool) as they were then known ... Neil Young got 2 in a 2-2 draw .... it was my first real season as I was allowed to go on my own .... soon learned the City way ... we got relegated.

That's possibly why it's been so easy for you to give up?

Oh yes... I take incredible pleasure in walking away from a mutated monster of a game ruined by greed and corruption.

Why do so many people feel the need to claim they’re the biggest fans ever? It’s utter arrogance.

Oh yes... I take incredible pleasure in walking away from a mutated monster of a game ruined by greed and corruption.

Why do so many people feel the need to claim they’re the biggest fans ever? It’s utter arrogance.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.