First derby!

On balance, I suspect it's a similar experience for us as it is for rags coming to ours. I think you do one of two things, either go incognito , or go mobbed up. If it's the latter, there'll probably be a bit of jumping up and down from the M25 army, but evidence suggests that a little war dance is all they'll do. Generally, they'll jump about long enough for the police to intervene, but they won't risk actual physical contact.

Do not go in two's or three's with colours, because then, the odd mix of acne infested youths and 50 year old men still living in the 1970's may well pluck up the courage to have a pop, but only if you're looking the other way and if you look like the type who won't dish out a right hook. If in doubt under those circumstances, go fucking berserk and you'll be fine.

blueboyforever said:
bluemc1 said:
117 M34 said:
Need to be careful when walking about, if you want to wear colours and ensure you stay safe, wear colours with a coat over the top and when inside remove coat.

I'm sure many will say never had any problems and I always wear colours, but I'm sure lots of people, including me, have seen blues get a dig becuase they were wearing a city shirt walking down matt busby way

Listen to this, i did it and it was scary shit had to lock myself in the out door bog at the back of one of those rag chippys

Did you go with just a City top on? I was always going to wear a coat.

like a fxxkin d1ck i did, it was the 4-3, left with all the other blues but somehow got separated down busby way on my own, people snarling down my neck, scraping feet down my calf, just as you get near the shops/chippys jumped by wall next to couple of coppers but with the crowds it was a matter of time til i got banged and they would of been off before coppers could do anything so i jumped the wall into back of chippys and locked myself in outhouse. bout 10 mins til one of workers knocked on and as i opened it at the top of his voice shouts theres a fxxkin blue in our bog, think my words were shut your mouth you prick before i fxxked off down entry down side streets got postcode off some guy mowing his garden and rang mrs to come and pick me up and BRING A FUCKING JUMPER

[
like a fxxkin d1ck i did, it was the 4-3, left with all the other blues but somehow got separated down busby way on my own, people snarling down my neck, scraping feet down my calf, just as you get near the shops/chippys jumped by wall next to couple of coppers but with the crowds it was a matter of time til i got banged and they would of been off before coppers could do anything so i jumped the wall into back of chippys and locked myself in outhouse. bout 10 mins til one of workers knocked on and as i opened it at the top of his voice shouts theres a fxxkin blue in our bog, think my words were shut your mouth you prick before i fxxked off down entry down side streets got postcode off some guy mowing his garden and rang mrs to come and pick me up and BRING A FUCKING JUMPER[/quote]

Thats hillarious mate!!
OT on derby day is similar to maine rd / eastlands on derby day. At ours you never see a red shirt...simply because someone will look to smack any1 wearing one. Its exactly the same at there's. so simple, it u wear colours be prepared to stand your ground. There is a exception to this and thats those travelling on supporters club coaches (of which there will be loads) - generally these boys are able to walk in big groups wearing colours / singing loud and proud the 100 yard or so to the away end.

Nastiest atmosphere I saw at the swamp was the year we signed tevez. They were rather bitter about that even after they had just won it in the last minute.

bluemc1 said:
blueboyforever said:
bluemc1 said:
Listen to this, i did it and it was scary shit had to lock myself in the out door bog at the back of one of those rag chippys

Did you go with just a City top on? I was always going to wear a coat.

like a fxxkin d1ck i did, it was the 4-3, left with all the other blues but somehow got separated down busby way on my own, people snarling down my neck, scraping feet down my calf, just as you get near the shops/chippys jumped by wall next to couple of coppers but with the crowds it was a matter of time til i got banged and they would of been off before coppers could do anything so i jumped the wall into back of chippys and locked myself in outhouse. bout 10 mins til one of workers knocked on and as i opened it at the top of his voice shouts theres a fxxkin blue in our bog, think my words were shut your mouth you prick before i fxxked off down entry down side streets got postcode off some guy mowing his garden and rang mrs to come and pick me up and BRING A FUCKING JUMPER

I remember the 1989 5-1 derby at Maine Road ... about an hour before kick off I was walking alone to the ground through that small housing estate at the rear of the Sherwood pub when about thirty City fans came rushing past me ... they were after something but i didn't know what , but as i had a City shirt on they just by-passed me and shot down a nearby alley.

As I walked through another alleyway next to a garden two teenage looking rags lookin' all flustered slowly from a small garden shed , and took me by surprise ... they were terrified , one was bleeding from his nose , and they were asking me had the City fans gone !

They said they'd been attacked , and had had to run and hide ...... anyway luckily for them the City fans had gone , and so the rags sheepishly scarpered off down a nearby entry towards Wilmslow Road !

I remember the testimonial game when that poor lad got his head jumped on by a Blue. Infact a few of those games were lively. I was in the Main Stand fpr the 5-1 and obviously saw the trouble in the North Stand that day but by the time the game had ended most of the Rags had vanished?

No the one that 'sticks out' for me was the 0-1 in our ill fated Premiership campaign under Joe Royle. That was a nasty atmosphere. Beckham pelted with coins when he went to take a corner and in the United sections (North Stand and Gene Kelly) not a woman or child in sight? We all came out the back of the Kippax and all hell broke out around us. Obviously I don't remember the 1970's as I was only born in 75 but that was the nastiest Rag following I've ever seen at City. I think every MUFC lunatic attended Maine Road that day.

These were the wankers at the League Cup semi. Look at how the police look on, could you imagine that if we did that at our place?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kk3VGSbjdA[/youtube]

You'll be fine if you aren't looking for trouble or shouting your mouth off.

It really is a horrible place for any blue though, I can't stand the place.

Too many stories over the years, hate the place , once got nicked there for scuffling on the forecourt after being punched from behind. They pick on individuals who look like they won't fight back, i fought back and landed a couple' proper nose crunchers. 2 of them got nicked with me but we ended up in separate cells under one of the stands. The next week we were in court on the same day in sale, when they saw me they shit it.

Go there and enjoy yourself and be thankful you only have to visit the shithole once a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.