First derby!

Been about 6 times and It really is horrible. 4 of us going on Monday and i've told em all not to wear colours it's really not worth it. After the match is worse because like us needing a taxi there's no chance of getting 1 the walk back to the center isn't nice. But like people say keep your mouth shut don't wear colours or look at anyone the wrong way and you'll be fine. The 1-6 last season was great kept in for over half hour by time we got out the place was deserted :)

I'm not telling me daughter not to wear here city jacket and scarf .shes 10 for f...k sake ..why shouldt we not wear colours stop being pussys and be proud to be city

iloveacougar said:
I'm not telling me daughter not to wear here city jacket and scarf .shes 10 for f...k sake ..why shouldt we not wear colours stop being pussys and be proud to be city

100% agree but they'll target her first, they always do.

Sky Blue said:
black mamba said:
The only occasion that i everexperienced any trouble at Old Trashford was in the Denis Law backheel relegation game of 1974 , when i 'accidentally' floored an onrushing rag in 'self defence' .....

aside from that , nowt !

My first away derby without the old man....now that was a scary day!

My first ever City game (what a baptism!), aged 9, City scarf proudly round my neck, some of the swamp dwellers behind me and my dad were making plans to relieve me of said scarf. Dad broad and stocky, old school Ancoats, boxer - kept my scarf no problem (with the rags leaving with a flea in their ear after my old feller told them they would be in the concrete mix for the M62 being extended at the time if they attempted to do what they were planning to do.........) Happy Days :-)

iloveacougar said:

It's the age we live in sadly enough, but I would like to think a 10yr old with her father would not attract any trouble.
I was talking more down the lines of any lads 16+ in colours alone or in a group prob no the best idea.

They have always been the same i remember them at the swamp and Maine Road picking on scarfers and shirters,women and kids when i was a kid.We probably have a few like that in our ranks but they seem to do it more than most.

I remember coming out of the swamp when i was a kid with my mate and walking down Warwick road[Now Matt Busby way] going to get the bus back to Wythenshawe.At the time they used to park them all just across the road,opposite Macari's chippy.We had beaten them 3 or 4 nil,which was common in those days and they were all mobbed up scrutinising everyone going past,the mood was evil.I was dreading getting recognised as a fair few Wythenshawe reds knew me and even though i was maybe 12-13 at the time i knew there would be no mercy if discovered.

Suddenly a roar went up and some poor Blue about 18 was getting chased,kicked,grabbed and punched all the way as he desperatly tried to escape.He ran onto a bus but they dragged him off and a bad beating was in store,when suddenly 3 blokes about 30-35 and wearing United scarves went to his aid and started whacking the rags,who were now in shock.It was 3 onto about 3-400 hundred but they backed off and i remember the mob shouting,''Hey we are United as well!!''

The blokes kept hitting and said,''Fuck off,you lot are fucking bullies,there is only one of him and we aren't having it,Blue or not!''

They beat a hasty retreat and the Blue was saved.I still remember it to this day and those blokes were heroes and proved not all rags are bad,but they are few and far between unfortunately!

you will not see a red shirt outside eastlands on derby day because they will get bullied. Fact. Dont agree with it, but thats how it is. Exactly the same at trafford.

paulchapo said:
They have always been the same i remember them at the swamp and Maine Road picking on scarfers and shirters,women and kids when i was a kid.We probably have a few like that in our ranks but they seem to do it more than most.

I remember coming out of the swamp when i was a kid with my mate and walking down Warwick road[Now Matt Busby way] going to get the bus back to Wythenshawe.At the time they used to park them all just across the road,opposite Macari's chippy.We had beaten them 3 or 4 nil,which was common in those days and they were all mobbed up scrutinising everyone going past,the mood was evil.I was dreading getting recognised as a fair few Wythenshawe reds knew me and even though i was maybe 12-13 at the time i knew there would be no mercy if discovered.

Suddenly a roar went up and some poor Blue about 18 was getting chased,kicked,grabbed and punched all the way as he desperatly tried to escape.He ran onto a bus but they dragged him off and a bad beating was in store,when suddenly 3 blokes about 30-35 and wearing United scarves went to his aid and started whacking the rags,who were now in shock.It was 3 onto about 3-400 hundred but they backed off and i remember the mob shouting,''Hey we are United as well!!''

The blokes kept hitting and said,''Fuck off,you lot are fucking bullies,there is only one of him and we aren't having it,Blue or not!''

They beat a hasty retreat and the Blue was saved.I still remember it to this day and those blokes were heroes and proved not all rags are bad,but they are few and far between unfortunately!
Good post and probably sums up the ratio of decent rags to vile scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.