First derby!

blueboyforever said:
Cheers guys. I'll be wearing a coat so it should cover it up but the thought of not wearing a City top makes me feel like somehow I've let them win! I'll definitely have my wits about me especially as I'll be walking back into Salford from the ground.
Like any other away ground, there will be nob heads around. It's more heightened at a derby, obviously, but if you're not looking for it you shouldn't find it. I've had trouble at Stadium of Light and more viciously, Bramall Lane. Was with groups on both occasions and that seems to attract more trouble. Just keep your head down and plod on.

Pigeonho said:
blueboyforever said:
Cheers guys. I'll be wearing a coat so it should cover it up but the thought of not wearing a City top makes me feel like somehow I've let them win! I'll definitely have my wits about me especially as I'll be walking back into Salford from the ground.
Like any other away ground, there will be nob heads around. It's more heightened at a derby, obviously, but if you're not looking for it you shouldn't find it. I've had trouble at Stadium of Light and more viciously, Bramall Lane. Was with groups on both occasions and that seems to attract more trouble. Just keep your head down and plod on.

I've always found if your on your own you can go undetected but a group will attract trouble.

When i went to the LC semi, me and my mate walked down Matt Busby way into town and had no trouble, saw a group of city surround by police and then a group of united further down. Did see some of there lot in Deansgate but luckily we knew one of them so they didnt bother.

I'm going on Monday but i don't normally wear colours anymore. It's who you bump into, just have to hope it's not an idiot or better yet someone you know.

117 M34 said:
Need to be careful when walking about, if you want to wear colours and ensure you stay safe, wear colours with a coat over the top and when inside remove coat.

I'm sure many will say never had any problems and I always wear colours, but I'm sure lots of people, including me, have seen blues get a dig becuase they were wearing a city shirt walking down matt busby way

That's good advice, I'll be drinking cans by the canal just by all the shitty merchandise stalls from 5pm onwards.

andyhinch said:
It used to get interesting in the 80's, but I was a bit of a twat back then and was probably looking for it.

Haha your one of those that people are trying to avoid :-)

The only occasion that i ever experienced any trouble at Old Trashford was near the end of the Denis Law backheel relegation game of 1974 , when i 'accidentally' floored an onrushing rag in 'self defence' .....

aside from that , nowt !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.