First ever City game

My first match, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=2628" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=2628</a>

A big crowd of 56,000 at Maine Rd and Neil Young twice pulled City level. We went on to win the replay and took a strong Everton side to a 2nd replay in the QF and of course later in the season clinched the 2nd Div title under Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison.

First City game

Just realised my first City game was 40 years ago today.
1-2 v Arsenal, can remember Doyley missing a pen (Franny was injured)
Tommy Booth scoring for City, and Charlie George scoring for Arsenal.
Any Older Blues have any memories of this game?
Sorry to bother the younger Blues.

First City game

Think that game was 1990 when City played in red and black at home,Redmond got the winner if I remember correctly.

Re: First City game

We beat Chelsea 6 - 2 in 1977. A few weeks later we hammered Newcastle - I thnk by by 5-1.

My first away was the 2-1 Cup win at Leeds in Jan 78.

Never thought back then That it would be 34 years before I would see us win a trophy.

Always annoys me that I can't remember my first home game, but it would probably have been 1967 ish. My first away is still vivid in my memory - 2nd March 1968 away to Burnley at Turf Moor. First time I'd ever sat on an individual seat that tipped up. It was 12/6 for the seat and 25s on the coach (Finglands). That day must have cost my old man half a weeks wages back then, wish I could tell him how much I appreciated it !

City 4 Derby 3 April 1976 at Maine Road, Tueart got a couple including a mazy run from hos own half in the 2nd half to put us 4-1 up.....Doyle was sent off in the 1st half for kicking Leighton James. In those days, the ref didn't have red or yellow cards so often it was confusing to determine whether somebody had been sent off or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.